Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris' Stereo Speed Sensitive Volume Control

tavy

Found that a sowing needle fits perfectly,eye end first into the connector hole.

Just solderd the wire to the needle and fitted heat shrink to complete the job.

the car must be driven a short distance to install A S L display.

i can confirm you do not have an A S L display already to do this mod. i didnt but do now,and it works fine.

Thanks once more to Tavy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tavy

• DDT

• pajjy

• bartauris

Top Posters In This Topic

When I fitted the wire between the speed sensor and the stereo connector, I removed one of the pin holes from an old connecter from an PC cable which I had (which connects the LEDs/buttons on the case to the motherboard). If I recall correctly, it was a perfect fit for the existing stereo connector.

Since then I've also fitted a Dension Gateway Lite to provide USB/iPod/Aux connectors to the OEM stereo.

...Thanks once more to Tavy.

You're welcome; I'm glad you solved it and works fine. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Listening the car stereo may be difficult or annoying when engine sounds interfere as the speed of the car increases, so speed-sensitive volume controls eliminates this problem by adjusting the volume to the speed.

Auris’ stereo has built in this feature, but is not connected from factory.

Solution is pretty simple, you need 1…1.5 ft of wire ended with a small terminal… The terminal must be inserted in the hole 3 of E26 radio connector; other wire end must be tapped into speed signal wire, pin 36 (violet wire) of E46 clock connector.

Put back radio and clock and the job is done. Eg., if you set the volume at “10” when the car is stationary, there’s no need to readjust the volume at “15” when the car runs with 60 mph, the radio is increasing the volume, gradually by itself…

Goodness me .. you must have read my mind!! I was about to post on this sort of subject. I am fed up of having to turn up the volume on my stereo as I increase my speed.. and have been concerned about the level of noise so much so that I opened the window yesterday to see if it was the car making the noise or was it coming from the radio. The bass sounds so heavy at speed that I was thinking there has to be something adrift here that I need to reset. I was going to ask my son to check it out for me before I go on a long road trip (mostly motorway) next month as the thought of having to keep turning up the volume constantly to override it was somewhat irritating. I was puzzzled as to why this grungey bass noise was only when I increased my speed.....now I know! I THINK!! Not at all technicallhy minded so would have to ask my son to do this for me if indeed my car is suitable. I have an Auris 1.6 TR. At least I know I am not delusional now!

Cheers. :)

Found that a sowing needle fits perfectly,eye end first into the connector hole.

Just solderd the wire to the needle and fitted heat shrink to complete the job.

the car must be driven a short distance to install A S L display.

i can confirm you do not have an A S L display already to do this mod. i didnt but do now,and it works fine.

Thanks once more to Tavy.

Cant be sure the volume is increasing in either radio or cd playing even though i have set the A S L on high option. any suggestions ?

ASL is working for both, radio and CD player ; if you want to be sure, when you drive at speed commute ASL from HIGH to OFF and you'll hear the difference.

Thanks Tavey,never thought of trying adjustment whilst on the move.

will give it a go next time im out in the car.which is very often these days.

Hi all,

It's my first post :) I just installed the ASL to my Auris (2007, Terra VVT-i 1.6), had a quick ride and it works, perfect!

Great thanks to Tavy andy kingcin who made photos.

Anyone near Nottingham or Mansfield that wants to do mine for me?....I dare not take it apart myself as I wouldn't know where to start...the pictures just looked confusing to me and I'd probably break something.

My local Toyota garage said it couldn't be done, but I see that so many of you have successfully managed to do it.

Obviously a drink in it for anyone that can help....really want to improve the sound on the stereo as it isn't really up to the quality of other standard units.

Also is there a way of fitting an amplifier or something to get a better quality output and/or would it be the Speakers that are the problem?

• 1 year later...

" Quote from tavy: Any modification of your car is taken at your own risk !

If your Auris has steering wheel controls, you can activate this option, the new wire must link the speed sensor with pin 3 of steering wheel connector.
Unfortunately I didn't take any picture, except that with the connectors backside of player."

How can help me to find the steering wheel connector?

Where is the location?

Oke, thanks but this is the radio. Where must the wire goto? I have radio steering control.

Regardless presence of steering wheel audio controls or not (because wires and connector situated backside of radio exist), modification is the same.

Wire must be routed from steering wheel audio controls connector, backside of radio (as described above) and clocks connector, violet wire (pin no.36).

Thanks Tavy!

I think i had a little translation problem. But now i understand it.

Now the next step and get the dasbord(navi) apart. I found some info on toyota tech.

Hope that nothing breaks....

I have the b9005 sat nav and my speed sensitive sound works a treat, you can even adjust the sensitivity of the volume

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Today i did this job, very easy to take te nav/radio out and de clock.

But my nav/radio is different from Tavy's picture.

Is the plug the upper white one? I think so....but i'm note sure.

qlkw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"...But my nav/radio is different from Tavy's picture..."

Of course it's different, mine is original CD player !

In your case you have to fit signal wire in two connectors (as I suggested in your edited picture), at hole no.3 of each one.

a04v.jpg

Again, thanks Tavy! Your are great!

I try your tips.

But mine is also original......

xhmk.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 11 months later...

Thank you Tavy and Kingcin for the guide and pictures. It works perfectly. Another feature added to the great Auris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links