Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Double Din Sat Nav

joelsoo

Hi All,

i have an avensis verso 2004 and has the standard turn for turn navigation unit...

i am considering changing to a toyota double din touch screen sat nav and i was wondering if its just as simple as plug and play with the ISO harness leads and off i go or do i have to muck about with alot of wiring as the new double din unit has the navigation DVD in built to the double din unit and the old standard that came wth the car has the DvD unit under the seat...

can someone advise?

any help appreciated!!

thanks!

Joel

Hi All,

i have an avensis verso 2004 and has the standard turn for turn navigation unit...

i am considering changing to a toyota double din touch screen sat nav and i was wondering if its just as simple as plug and play with the ISO harness leads and off i go or do i have to muck about with alot of wiring as the new double din unit has the navigation DVD in built to the double din unit and the old standard that came wth the car has the DvD unit under the seat...

can someone advise?

any help appreciated!!

thanks!

Joel

Its not that simple. When you say toyota double din, are you talking about TNS 600 or 700?

Cheers,

ummm... i think something like the B9010...

if its not as easy then i think i'd forget it... i am ok with fiddling with the power, ground, acc, Speakers etc.. but anything more, like headlamp dim, positive ground etc... i'm lost...

any ideas?

ummm... i think something like the B9010...

if its not as easy then i think i'd forget it... i am ok with fiddling with the power, ground, acc, speakers etc.. but anything more, like headlamp dim, positive ground etc... i'm lost...

any ideas?

Thats tns-700. I wanted to do exactly what you are trying to do. But there are two clips behind your stereo. One will go behind the double DIN, and other you have to use ISO or cutting the wires.

Another disadvantage is that the mpg reading, miles remaning and all other information coming of central console will stop (and hence I stayed away from putting TNS700 on my car. )

hmmm... so what happens if you decide to buy the car new and have a sat nav fitted? does it also mean that by default then you will get the sat nav but don't get the MPG reading etc?

so what did you do in the end? just bit the bullet and continued using the stock unit?

Looking at the Toyota installation manual for the TNS700, it doesn't look that difficult. It needs a GPS antenna and connections for vehicle speed and reverse, which are crimped into the car loom. You may be able to use the GPS antenna from the turn by turn system.

I'm not sure why the fuel computer would stop working though?

hmmm... so what happens if you decide to buy the car new and have a sat nav fitted? does it also mean that by default then you will get the sat nav but don't get the MPG reading etc?

so what did you do in the end? just bit the bullet and continued using the stock unit?

If you search, one of the member did that. He ended up working TNS-700, but mentioned that for some reason MPG calculator stopped working. (I guess it is to do with the lead going to central console which is for both displays, GPS and MPG.

He said he was not bothered. Keeping that in my mind, I left my GPS unit as it is.

I am not sure if same rule applies for after market double din units, as many changed it and had no problems.

If you have TNS 700 unit, sitting in your home, why dont you try it. Mind you GPS antenna for that unit has different plug than the one you have in your car.

Direct message of that member (he had Avensis Verso D-4D).

Hi There.

Yes, I fitted a TNS700 unit ot my D4d 03 model. I used the existing antenna but had to slightly modify the connector plug in order to fit.

The plugs and leads are a direct fit but you do loose the temperature and computer functions such as fuel consumption. There is no cure for this.

My old sat nav head unit and cd player was sold.

My car doesnt have steering wheel controls but there is a spare connector on the TNS that will accpet this connector if your car is fitted.

Hope that helps?

Hope that helps.

I guess it is worth of trying on avensis.

But as the unit was atleast of 300 pounds and then fitting it, I left it as it is.

After market double dins with GPS and DVD players can be bought around 200 pounds on e-bay and they are not bad as well.

You may need ISO lead and the lead for your steering wheel controls.

I guess it is worth of trying on avensis.

But as the unit was atleast of 300 pounds and then fitting it, I left it as it is.

After market double dins with GPS and DVD players can be bought around 200 pounds on e-bay and they are not bad as well.

You may need ISO lead and the lead for your steering wheel controls.

i thought so too... maybe just invest small amount of money and get the maps upgraded... the GPS is quite good just that you can't see the map of the overall route and following its instructions blindly may be a little risky

• 4 years later...
Hi all,

I have a B9000 (GPS touch screen unit) on my Toyotal Avensis Verson.

The stereo screen is asking for a DVD map disk. I had a disk for North europe and I inserted it but no result.

No function is possible on the stereo system, accept to fold the screen and gain access to the DVD and CD slots.

I am thinking of just removing the whole unit and replacing it with a regular stereo system, as i really dont need the dvd funtion.

Im guessing with fititng etc. this would cost about £100 .

Any suggestions for a better way do to this?

Thanks