Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights Changing Color

dickie trout

hi i have notist my headlights are starting to tern yellow thay are not as clear as some i have seen does this happen a lot on toyotas

probably the lense discolouring, with age many toyota headlamps (possibly headlamps in general) discolour and you may see condensation inside the unit too. think you can get rid of the discolouration by polishing, have a look on youtube there's bound to be something regarding this on there.

hi thanks for comeing back to me.the car is on 54 plate.not sure when the bulbs have been changed.the yellowing is on the out side of the headlights

hi thanks for comeing back to me.the car is on 54 plate.not sure when the bulbs have been changed.the yellowing is on the out side of the headlights

There are lots of products for lens restoration on the market. Last year i bought polishing pads in the US and it was a very simple job to do, just a bit of effort and my headlights looked like new again.

my car is also on 54 plate and my passenger side headlight is discoloured. if you touch the lense then the discoloured part feels rougher than the normal part.

my 2004 tsport is the same,the headlights look awful.my girlfriends vitz is the same too.is there a polishing compound available for this?

my 2004 tsport is the same,the headlights look awful.my girlfriends vitz is the same too.is there a polishing compound available for this?

Yes I found a solution. Had the same problem on the T Sport headlights. Autoglym products wouldn't touch it.

What does work is Autosol metal polish. It took about an hour with lots of reapplication. But it does remove the rough feeling film and they look like new afterwards.

Regards

Cyclopse

there are many polishing products available and many many DIY amateur video tutorials on youtube. most of them are proven methods, just up to you if you think you can do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links