Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Smell, Old Car Noise!

X-ray Matt

Picked up my brand new Aygo Go MMT on Friday after changing out of an iQ. Love the drive and love the equipment. However, it has now started to rattle from the dash/door trim, no matter what the road surface. So a trip back to the dealer is now in order.

Anybody else had any problems and if so were they fixed?

Matt

Picked up my brand new Aygo Go MMT on Friday after changing out of an iQ. Love the drive and love the equipment. However, it has now started to rattle from the dash/door trim, no matter what the road surface. So a trip back to the dealer is now in order.

Matt

Oh no! How annoying... might be a loose wire or something. Hope you get it fixed, I think a few people on here have had similar problems. Keep us updated :)

Yeah, I had rattles the day after I picked mine up, took it back and they sorted it. Check the two pillars on either side of the windscreen too, they are a common place for rattles.

How come the move from an Iq to an Aygo ?>

• 2 weeks later...

It was a toss-up between an iQ and the Aygo originally. But went for the iQ purely because my wife has a Peugeot 107. However, once the novelty value of the iQ wore off the true comprises of the car shone through I found myself driving the 107 more and more and found it to have a much better drive than the iQ. This is important because I have a daily 95 mile commute to work. The iQ then started suffering from really awful build quality issues that the dealer just couldn't fix plus fuel economy was not what I was expecting. So decided to swap to the Aygo and haven’t regretted the decision once!

Matt

UPDATE: The car went back to the dealer today and I am pleased to report I now have a silent Aygo!! :rolleyes:

Matt

UPDATE: The car went back to the dealer today and I am pleased to report I now have a silent Aygo!! :rolleyes:

Great news but did you ask the garage what cause the problem in the first place? :blink:

They never told me what the problem was. They just said that toyota supplies an 'anti-rattle' pack for all models which contains foam. The car was dropped off at 8:30am and was ready at 11:30am. The dealer knew that the Aygo had a common rattle which originates from the door pillar trims, so as a precaution they placed foam in that - eventhough there was no rattle from there. The actual rattle came from the trim on the door just below the wing mirror adjuster on the drivers side. In the end I was very pleased it has been sorted and dealer was very efficient, much better than the dealer I bought my iQ from. The car had even been valeted to a really high standard!! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links