Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Verso 1.6 Needs New Engine After 57Ooo Miles

versa verso

I have a toyota corolla verso 54. I have had no trouble with it but this weekend on the way to devon I had the oil light come on then a clacking sound on my passenger side and then it died. Once taking the car via AA to a mechanic he told me I need a new engine. I have only done 57k miles. Would he be right or could it be something else? thanks

Right or wrong it sounds pretty catastrophic

Anything resulting in loss of oil/oil pressure when the engine is running usually causes serious damage

I agree it doesn't sound good.

Try and find out why the oil light came on. Was it low pressure ? Or was it no/low oil ?

If your car has full service history,is less than seven years old and has done less than 100,000 mile toyota should cover that under an extended warranty because some of those engines suffered with oil birning problems and had to have a modified short block fitted to correct the oil burning.

If you ran out of oil then it's a shame but you really should be checking it every week or so. And if you hear a clacking when an oil light is on, you stop.

Sorry but it happens too often :lol: The mechanic is probably right, but fill it up and try to start it. If you have no success then you have a seized engine :(

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links