Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost But Now I'm Found?

Rookey

Hi everybody!

Long time no speakies... I don't know how many of you will remember me, or how many are still around here... but once upon a time I was a bit of a TOC wh*re. Anyway, good news for everyone is that I'm back! :D

I left the MR2 realm to go to Honda CRXs, and spent a good few years with those, but last week I took proud delivery of a nice J-Spec Aerotop Supra (pics below). So, I felt it the right thing to do to at least say "Hi!" to my fellow Toyota bretheren.

I'll be on the TOC stand I think (according to Leeky anyway!), so I'm sure I'll meet most of you later this year.

Good to be back!

Dave

2.jpg

1.jpg

She's stunning mate! Great purchase. I'll be visiting the TOC stand at JAE with the GTi and my Club.

Can't say I remember you, but I do tend to spend a fair amount of time around here now :D

KP

I hate you....... but only because i want a Supra :lol:

If you're on the TOC stand there's a new rule that means you must hand your keys over to a Moderator......... :P

Welcome back thumbsup.gif

Ah well I'm from back in the day when Knowlson, Leeky, Bibbs and Jimlad were mods :) Seems like eons ago! Saying that, Bibbs is still one of my close mates, as is Leeky and, well Knowlson is still !Removed!! Hah

Cheers for the nice comments on the car... I must say I'm over the moon with it. I made sure it was mint so there's no rust at all, anywhere, had a complete respray in Adair red and the engine is as clean as a whistle and pulls nicely in every gear (albeit an auto box...)!

First thing to go is the auto box in favour of a W58 manual, then I'm already looking for a VVTI 1UZ Toyota V8 to drop in there ;)

Dave

It depends what you're after really... The W58 suits my needs/wants for the time being until I get the 1UZ then I'll have to re-evaluate :) W58 is cheap and easy too...

Cheaper than the Getrag or R154 at least ;)

Dave

Fair enough mate. When I come to dropping a 1UZ-FE into the 'rolla I'll be looking for an R154. I have seen some going for £350 which isn't too bad, I see many go for at least £500 :eek:

KP

Which generation 1UZ are you looking at? The most expensive part isn't the gearbox or the engine though, it's the conversion module thing that sits in-between. When Leeky (on here somewhere still I think! Haha) dropped the 1UZ into his Mk2 Supra, he paid about £1500 for a gearbox conversion wotsit...

Yeh it's the Thor racing conversion kit that I was looking at, it;s half the price of all the hard ware as you said, I can have an engine and gearbox for about £1500 and the kit it also £1500 :o I was either hoping for the 300BHP VVTi version or rebuilding something a little older from a Land Cruiser.

You can also get one Machined yourself if you've got someone who is pretty nifty with CAD, but the Thor kit comes with the converter plate, full clutch and all the bolts/hoses for it too. Not too bad but still very pricey and I would hope it comes with its own moon.

If there is a different manual box I can whack in then I'd love to know about it! :lol:

KP

Cool, same as what I was looking at then... VVTI 1UZ. Would cost a fair whack, but would be well worth it in my opinion ;) V8 whilst keeping it in the Toyota family, swweeeeet.

Ahh well if you find a different gearbox that's compatible, let me know!haha I'm sure many have tried and failed though.

Dave

'Lo Dave!

I clearly sold my old R154 to THOR too cheap if they are £350 now! (it ended up in their black Aerotop V8 AFAIK)

Haha cheers Les ;) good to see you're still kicking around!

My mistake actually Karma, that was just a one off... They are a bit more expensive than £350!

May have to pop down to a meet soon :) Y'all do still do those right? Hah

Dave