Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Start Idle

budda bowcott

I have a 94 celica gt import 80k genuine miles.. I diy an induction kit for it as was hard to get 1 . While i was doing this i had to relocate the air sensor to top of pipes by the throttle body intake not by air filter where it was . And now every time i start the car when cold it idles very low and i i give a little rev on its way back dow it goes all the way and cuts out . Only way i can get it 2 idle without cutting out is by putting the air con on ... Is tgere a way i can sort this out or just put old air box back on . I cant hear the induction noise due to loud exhaust so will i lose any power by puttin back to air box thx

• 1 month later...

don't any one reply on here . i was with clubcalibra with my old car and what a much better helpfull site

turn the tick over up a bit when the engines hot , the screws on the throttle body . 3mm allan key and 8mm nut.

done that and still no luck when cold . would you advise putting standard box back on

I'd advise you put the airbox back on. An induction kit offers pretty much zero benefit on a celica GT. You would be better to leave the air box on and get a performance panel filter to fit into the air box.