Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Box Problem

wagbi

Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!! My 1993 2.4 auto won't come out of park, so it won't drive. It was fine this a.m, out in a field cutting wood. Came to leave, engins started fine, but I can't shift the "gear shift" out of P (Park) into anything else/ Does anyone have any bright ideas please? Thankyou

Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!! My 1993 2.4 auto won't come out of park, so it won't drive. It was fine this a.m, out in a field cutting wood. Came to leave, engins started fine, but I can't shift the "gear shift" out of P (Park) into anything else/ Does anyone have any bright ideas please? Thankyou

Have you tried moving it inti "N" while the engine is switched off? Have a look under the car if you can and see if the linkage is broken. Is there a way of checking to box oil? My Volvo S60 had a small dip-stick on the box? Hope this helps... Might mean calling the RAC/AA out if all else fails :huh:

I suspect a mechanical fault: Not familiar with this model but 90% of shifts on Autos are a simple latching retract system.......operated by the handle button.(Rather like the handbrake setup.)

Try accessing the top of the gearbox by remving the trim panels around the shift: You should be able to see then if the lever release button is having any effect at the lower end: You may be able to release the latch manually once you can see the mechanism.

Good Luck!

Make sure your brake lights are both working, without these it wont let you select any gears as it's a safety device built into the Surf

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul Keubik

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links