Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tank Mpg Yet.

kithmo

Had my best mpg on the last tankful, 60.42 mpg (calculated), some short journeys but with a couple of longer runs, one 200 mile and one 150 mile return journeys.

Also got 72.6 mpg (showing on the trip) on an outing from Rotherham to Skegness and back (about 190 miles) last Thursday on this tank.

The car feels like it's freeing up a bit now (5.6K miles) and the warm weather is helping.

The warm weather does help. I noticed the car was pretty well run in at about 15k miles. Just keep an eye on the dealer regarding using 0w20 oil at your 10k service. :yes:

If you cycle through the display there is a 'best tank' display. This is set when you fill up.

So, if you have a 71mpg or more displayed on your mpg display and then fill up, you will get the best tank display to show that figure!

I wondered why my best tank display was only showing 60mpg when I knew that i had had a lot more, especially after some long motorway trips.... That is the answer! :yahoo:

(and you can clear the old ones by holding the display button down till they go!)

If you cycle through the display there is a 'best tank' display. This is set when you fill up.

So, if you have a 71mpg or more displayed on your mpg display and then fill up, you will get the best tank display to show that figure!

I wondered why my best tank display was only showing 60mpg when I knew that i had had a lot more, especially after some long motorway trips.... That is the answer! :yahoo:

(and you can clear the old ones by holding the display button down till they go!)

The display in my Gen3 continues to be optimistic. I didn't put any petrol in the car during April, but filled up today after running 350 miles of all short journeys around our urban/rural area. The display was showing 57.5 m.p.g. but the reality on filling was only 53.42 m.p.g.

Even though I know very well that there is going to be a shortfall, it still never fails to disappoint me . . :yes:

It's getting better, just filled up today and got 62.2 mpg (calculated) from this tank :clap: .

Trip was showing 64.6 mpg, just under 4% error is not too bad.

Don't believe you. My VW Golf diesel gets 150 mpg at 90 mph. You Prius guys are all !Removed! and don't know a good car if you sat in one. Your Battery destructs the world and they only last 2 years anyway. I'll stick with my 15 year old Golf as I can run it on fairy dust and lucky heather.

You're all wrong you lot. Diesel is the future to a clean new world. OK I used to say that about steam before those petrol powered horseless carriages turned up - upstarts!

Have I shown you my collection of blow up dolls and !Removed!?

Ooop sorry, I don't know what possessed me then. Perhaps it was the fumes from my neighbours diesel car starting up? :help:

• Like 1

Don't believe you. My VW Golf diesel gets 150 mpg at 90 mph. You Prius guys are all !Removed! and don't know a good car if you sat in one. Your battery destructs the world and they only last 2 years anyway. I'll stick with my 15 year old Golf as I can run it on fairy dust and lucky heather.

You're all wrong you lot. Diesel is the future to a clean new world. OK I used to say that about steam before those petrol powered horseless carriages turned up - upstarts!

Have I shown you my collection of blow up dolls and !Removed!?

Ooop sorry, I don't know what possessed me then. Perhaps it was the fumes from my neighbours diesel car starting up? :help:

Grumpy, don't worry mate, the men in white coats will be with you shortly :yahoo:

It's getting better, just filled up today and got 62.2 mpg (calculated) from this tank :clap: .

Trip was showing 64.6 mpg, just under 4% error is not too bad.

Congrats mate. :thumbsup:

Whoo Hoo! My best tank yet!!

4.6 l/100km (61.5 MPG UK) calculated - 4.4 (64.2 MPG UK) MFD. :yahoo:

Last fill up to to Low Fuel Warning - 763km. Filled up after 783km.

Upon filling, I could only get 36 litres into the tank. - At 21.75 km per liter, I could have driven for another 195 km!!!

I luuuurve my HSD! :toast:

Whoo Hoo! My best tank yet!!

4.6 l/100km (61.5 MPG UK) calculated - 4.4 (64.2 MPG UK) MFD. :yahoo:

Last fill up to to Low Fuel Warning - 763km. Filled up after 783km.

Upon filling, I could only get 36 litres into the tank. - At 21.75 km per liter, I could have driven for another 195 km!!!

I luuuurve my HSD! :toast:

That's very good :thumbsup:

My gen 2 Prius is indicating about 60 mpg this week - still waiting for the summer to see if it will do even better

David

Not bad, but the Aygo'ers are doing better! :P :D

C'mon HSD'ers, lets see some more 70's!! :D

Not bad, but the Aygo'ers are doing better! :P :D

Maybe, but isn't the Aygo a tiny car with a small 1 litre, 70 HP engine or something? - That's hardly comparing like with like. I might as well say "my mountain bike does way better fuel economy than your Aygo..." (Daft comparison, but you get my drift).

An Aygo? Oh yes I remember, dreadful rattle bucket with a leaky back hatch. Hmmm, wouldn't keep chickens in it. :P

An Aygo? Oh yes I remember, dreadful rattle bucket with a leaky back hatch. Hmmm, wouldn't keep chickens in it. :P

Oi, watch it Grumpy.... Thats not fair on my chickens!!

We had an Aygo as a loan car from Mr T when we were waiting to get our Gen 3. We put 3 carrier bags of shopping in the boot and it was full. It also had conventional hand brake and manual gears and rattled like an old tin can UGH!!. Makes you a appreciate the comfort and technology of the Prius.

Would that be an automatic Aygo ?

Would that be an automatic Aygo ?

I believe it would be. You know, the Aygo automatic that can seat 4 passengers with 4 suitcases in comfort :lol:

We had an Aygo as a loan car from Mr T when we were waiting to get our Gen 3. We put 3 carrier bags of shopping in the boot and it was full. It also had conventional hand brake and manual gears and rattled like an old tin can UGH!!. Makes you a appreciate the comfort and technology of the Prius.

Up shut!! I have both!!

No further comment needed :yahoo:

Just taken the wife to her mothers for a few days in the Prius.

A13 - M25 south, M3 to junction 4, then 2 miles on local roads.

returned 2 hours later

172 miles, average indicated 54mph, indicated consumption 68.7mpg

Who's a happy bunny?

Up shut!! I have both!!

No further comment needed :yahoo:

I too had an Aygo as a loan car. Agree the luggage space is tiny but in all other respects seemed to make a lot of sense. I love the idea of motoring in a reliable car for minimal cost.

David

returned 2 hours later

Who's a happy bunny?

Grrr! :ffs:

I thought I was doing well over the last few days 120 miles with indicated consumption 62 mpg

David

returned 2 hours later

Who's a happy bunny?

Grrr! :ffs:

I thought I was doing well over the last few days 120 miles with indicated consumption 62 mpg

David

Cruise control set on 67mph but included 1 mile crawl on ev only at the Dartford crossing....

Whoo Hoo!!

I just got home from a 398 km round trip from my home, west of Oslo, to a place in Norway called Gjøvik. Fine weather, 20C, some motorway, some suburban roads, some city driving and lots of hills.

Here are my MFD results.(I even took a picture of the dials but I don't know how to upload it here.)

Way there:

Trip total distance: 162.1 km (100 miles as near as dammit)

Average consumption: 3.7 l/100km (76.3 MPG for you UK boys) :yahoo:

Total round trip, including detour into Oslo on way home:

Total trip distance: 398 km (247 miles)

Average consumption: 3.9 l/100km (72.4 MPG).

I used Eco all the way except the odd burst of Power to overtake a granny in a hat on a single lane country road. I drove at the speed limit or 5 to 10km/h over (by GPS not car speedo) and used A/C now and then as needed.

I just love this car. :toast:

Now that's more like it!! :D

60mpg is okay but not something to brag about in a hybrid; Heck, *I* can get that in my non-hybrid Yaris in town without even trying, but 70's? Now that's a good score! :thumbsup:

Now that's more like it!! :D

60mpg is okay but not something to brag about in a hybrid; Heck, *I* can get that in my non-hybrid Yaris in town without even trying, but 70's? Now that's a good score! :thumbsup:

I think 60mpg is fantastic for a petrol engined, automatic, family sized car. I don't know of any other automatic, petrol, diesel, small or large, that comes anywhere near it.