Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hopeless Rear Parcel Shelf (2006 Yaris)

hawkerpaul

My rear parcel shelf really annoys me.

Generally all it takes it to open and close it 2 or 3 times, and it comes off the notches at the back. When this happens, the tailgate can become difficult to shut, and when opened, the parcel shelf gets caught low-down, so the hatch only opens about 2-thirds of the way up.

It drives me mad!

Is it just mine, or is this a general problem?

I bought this last August from my main Toyota dealer and is still under their 1 year warranty, so I was wondering would this sort of thing be covered?

Never had any real trouble with either of mine. That said, it does come off its supports if you have anything "under the shelf", lifting it up...

But my boots tend to be empty most of the time so its never really caused us an issue..

I can't say this has ever happened to me but my tailgate isn't really opened and closed too often.

I wonder why it's still called a "parcel shelf"? Anything heavier than a box of Kleenex would cause it to collapse, it's so flimsy! However, there should be nothing unsecured placed on it anyway. And what's the idea with those two pieces of "rag" hanging down fixed with "Velcro" to the back seats? What a silly arrangement.

I can't say this has ever happened to me but my tailgate isn't really opened and closed too often.

I wonder why it's still called a "parcel shelf"? Anything heavier than a box of Kleenex would cause it to collapse, it's so flimsy! However, there should be nothing unsecured placed on it anyway. And what's the idea with those two pieces of "rag" hanging down fixed with "Velcro" to the back seats? What a silly arrangement.

The two pieces of "rag" are to provide a cover and privacy for items in the boot when your rear sliding seats are in their formost position :rolleyes:

Quite a clever design really ;)

The two pieces of "rag" are to provide a cover and privacy for items in the boot when your rear sliding seats are in their formost position :rolleyes:

I don't think it is agood design. A much better one is fitted to the Jazz, its like a roller blind system. That system could be incorporated into the rigid shelf of the Yaris.

I don't think it is agood design. A much better one is fitted to the Jazz, its like a roller blind system. That system could be incorporated into the rigid shelf of the Yaris.

Clever and uncomplicated...........without the potential problems and added costs of a roller blind system

Agreed it might not be as good as the more expensive and technical roller blind fitted to the Jazz......but it is a simple and uncomplicated clever system!

Clever and uncomplicated...........without the potential problems and added costs of a roller blind system

Agreed it might not be as good as the more expensive and technical roller blind fitted to the Jazz......but it is a simple and uncomplicated clever system!

But it would not sag !!!!