Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

09 Avensis Leather Seat Issue/or Not

Nightstalker

Hi All....

Well, had my new vensis over a few weeks now and do like it, still fining it a little cramped since the LC but I guess over time I'll get used to that too.

One thing I have noticed though is that when coming to a stop from doing about 40+mph the drivers seat seems to move slightly, has anyone else had this issue? Not had it on other cars I've owned...

Regards

Rob

I have the 2010 Avensis bought new last June and had a similar problem as the car was only 3 weeks old when this started I insisted on a new seat which cured the issue.

They fitted a complete base unit then the new seat so I cannot say what was causing the problem.

I've got a 2009 Avensis T4 and don't have that issue. Sounds like it's worth getting back to the dealer

I've got a 2010 T4 can't say I've noticed any problem with movement on the seat however I have noticed that the seat seems to slope towards the door and the leather on the side nearest the door in now all creased. Took it into the dealers today and got the usual we will have to send pictures to Toyota, they never even looked if the seat was fitted correctly.

Also the passenger side inside door handle openers coating has started to come off and again we will take a pic and send them off.

Rob.... my car does not have this problem :huh:

No vehicle I have ever owned or driven has had a seat that moves on its own - not even rattly battered old LandRovers. Are you able to make the seat move by hand when the car is stationary? If so this will help you to demonstrate the fault to the dealer. As your seat belt is attached to the seat I recommend that you get the dealer to sort this out as a potential safety issue.

Hi All....

Well, had my new vensis over a few weeks now and do like it, still fining it a little cramped since the LC but I guess over time I'll get used to that too.

One thing I have noticed though is that when coming to a stop from doing about 40+mph the drivers seat seems to move slightly, has anyone else had this issue? Not had it on other cars I've owned...

Regards

Rob

Same on mine, seems to be under my right thigh. Going back to the dealer next week to be fixed. Along with 3 very irritating rattles from various parts of the car (one sounds like a tamborine hidden somewhere in the boot) and none of the ciggy lighters working. Add these to the previous two rattles fixed, the USB port stopping working and the head unit being replaced (all since December), its not turning into the paragon of reliability I was hoping for....

Oh, and I think the brakes might be sticking as well as there is a definite scrape / grinding noise when driving along with the window down. Hopefully its not something to do with the lecky handbrake...

Brooksm: you really are having some problems aren't you? How is your relationship with the dealer? Are they treating you well & being helpful? If so please name them - someone else might like to use them as well.

Thems the breaks I guess. Its been about on a parr with the wifes Civic when we first had that. Dealer is Listers in Coventry and, so far, they have been superb (and hopefully they are reading this as well and will continue to be so!! :thumbsup: ). The car wasn't purchased from them (that honour goes to a dealer in Derby), but they have looked after me and my complaints very well. My only grumble is that their courtesy cars are mainly Aygos and its a bit a let down after the Avensis. We are splitting hairs here though. :yes:

It would certainly seem that the Listers Group are doing something right from the customer perspective as the Honda dealer we use for the Civic is also one of theirs (Avonvale Honda in Stratford)

Sorry Nightstalker for hijacking your thread....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links