Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towbar Height

eggynog

Hi

I currently have a Thule Detachable towbar fitted to my 2006 Corolla Verso TR. The towball sits at around 50cm with the car unladen. As I generally tow my trailer tent with the dog in the boot and our luggage on the back seat this is too high. Thule have been most unhelpful (telling me I should load my luggage in the boot and load the car properly and speak to my fitter) I'm hoping to change to a different towbar which has a lower unladen height.

I'm aware the Westfalia detachable sits at around 47cm but this is still a bit on the high side.

Can anybody give me any help/advice on a towbar which would be lower. If you have a towbar fitted on a similar car could you let me know your unladen towball height and if possible include a photo.

Many Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with my detachable Westfalia - and they didn't want to know about it being too high either. The fact is that it is inside the allowable range despite the fact that it practically had the back end of my Erde trailer dragging on the ground! (slight exageration but you get the picture!)

My solution was to get a piece of box section steel to add to the drawbar of my trailer so as to raise up the tow hitch. Had to add 60mm to it to make the trailer sit more or less level. Once we did that it tows pretty well at speed with a load on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links