Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought One!

alan589

Hello

I have wanted a T Sport for some time however I needed an economical car as I used it for work. I had a 2006 Yaris D4d with a powerbox,tte springs and alloys from a Daihatsu sirion Rally!

Circumstances have changed and yesterday I bought a pre facelift red 5 door....it is magic.

There is something about the plain jane appearance with that daft engine which just floats my boat. The build quality and materials are definitely better than the Yaris.

Think I'll keep it for a while the engine sound in lift is addictive!

It is going to get lowered a little as you could just about get your head into the wheelarches for a wee look if you felt so inclined!

Welcome mate.

I too only picked my pre-face lift up yesterday after owning a Lexus IS200 and a Lexus IS300 SportsCross.

One of the very mods I will be doing is lowering it as it sit more like a 4x4 and after a high speed drive at 125mph tonight (on my own private motorway ;) ) I was a little concerned how nervous it felt, got the impression it needs its center of gravity lowering and really felt like the air was getting under the car and raising it the faster you went.

Lift is so addictive and makes me feel like a hooligan again, might now be tempted to buy a compressor version.

Jammy git, I gotta wait around another month to get my face lift... I hate waiting.

The hooligan has re-emerged in me unfortunately.

I spent last night charging up and down a local country road passing anyone who had the audacity to be on the same piece of tarmac.

I hope the novelty wears off soon, I'm 47 ffs! I actually like the handling. I've always liked cars which are a bit flawed in the handling department, maybe because it is more of a challenge to keep the speed up through the corners. Although it rolls a bit it does seem to grip well if you are brave enough.

Lovely.

ps I have been lusting after a PFL t sport for about two years...it is worth the wait.

Wehey a few more T Sport owners :thumbsup:

I am 2 months into T Sport ownership and I'm loving it

The handling is the weakest point on the T sport, lowering springs + strut brace (PFL) can make a remarkable difference so cost-wise it doesn't need much

One of the best things I have found about the T sport is its sleeper status. Great example, last night (on my favourite road I might add ::)) I gave a Focus ST with an attitude problem a run for its money :lol:

I'm glad you're both enjoying your new cars.... but posts about breaking the law (none of this "private road" crap) will end up getting you a ban as TOC does not tolerate posts about idiotic driving on public roads.

If you want to test your car go to a Track Day and don't endanger other road users.

This warning goes to all members.

Santa pod!!!

Racing on the road proves nothing!! The other driver might not of wanted to race, caught off guard, got driving points, child on board or just plain sensible.

Put your money were your mouth Is and come to Santa pod!!

Great day out plus timed slips of speed and 1/4 mile times!

Do it

I'm glad you're both enjoying your new cars.... but posts about breaking the law (none of this "private road" crap) will end up getting you a ban as TOC does not tolerate posts about idiotic driving on public roads.

If you want to test your car go to a Track Day and don't endanger other road users.

Less of the attitude mate, if you wanna ban me then go ahead, I have migrated from another site and still fully paid up,we dont treat new members like the way you have, especially the way you use your limited knowledge of words, quote "private road" crap) and this is from a super moderator, so be a bit more diplomatic

So what you are saying is YOU have never broke the speed limit, and never done anything wrong, so hard to believe

Less of the attitude mate, if you wanna ban me then go ahead, I have migrated from another site and still fully paid up,we dont treat new members like the way you have, especially the way you use your limited knowledge of words, quote "private road" crap) and this is from a super moderator, so be a bit more diplomatic

So what you are saying is YOU have never broke the speed limit, and never done anything wrong, so hard to believe

I didn't say that I was racing!!

I passed cars on the road not as in BTCC ....as in overtaking, safely too I might add.

I may have exceeded the speed limit at times but on that basis you will have to ban 99% of all car users on all forums.

Don't read into things that which isn't there.

Yesterday I drove around a bit at sedate speeds to see what the economy was like and got 39.8 mpg. Maybe I should be castigated for driving like a pensioner!

Out on the road yesterday I managed to obtain 41.8 mpg, and I know these cars can drink fuel because little do others know that I DO use track days as I live 500yds from Brand Hatch and have taken many a T sport, MR2, Celica and even supercharged Lexus round the track and at full lift and redlining at 8200rpm in every gear I have seen it dip to an eye watering 11.3mpg.

I would suggest you re-read the T&C's you agreed to when you signed up. Feel free to query what i've said with Admin but you will get the same response. It doesn't matter if you're a new member or someone that's been on here for a number of years

As for my "limited knowledge of words"....

after a high speed drive at 125mph tonight (on my own private motorway ;) )

Own private motorway? I think not.

I'm not wanting an arguement i'm simply pointing out that TOC does not tolerate these posts....

I didn't say that I was racing!!

I passed cars on the road not as in BTCC ....as in overtaking, safely too I might add.

I may have exceeded the speed limit at times but on that basis you will have to ban 99% of all car users on all forums.

Don't read into things that which isn't there.

Yesterday I drove around a bit at sedate speeds to see what the economy was like and got 39.8 mpg. Maybe I should be castigated for driving like a pensioner!

Whilst you didn't exactly say you were racing.... your post certainly gives that impression...

The hooligan has re-emerged in me unfortunately.

I spent last night charging up and down a local country road passing anyone who had the audacity to be on the same piece of tarmac.

I hope the novelty wears off soon, I'm 47 ffs! I actually like the handling. I've always liked cars which are a bit flawed in the handling department, maybe because it is more of a challenge to keep the speed up through the corners. Although it rolls a bit it does seem to grip well if you are brave enough.

Lovely.

ps I have been lusting after a PFL t sport for about two years...it is worth the wait.

As i said in the above post i'm not wanting an arguement i'm simply pointing out how TOC operates.

He's got a point lads. They've obviously had trouble before with idiots posting videos of themselves pulling three figures on public roads.

The forum can't really be seen to be endorsing breaking the law, even if it is only implied.

Glad you are enjoying your T Sports though. It's the wolf in sheep's clothing aspect that draws me in too.

children, Children....

N & C is perfrctly correct. Bragging about your exploits "in public" is verging on the idiotic! It's a little like posting a video of yourself breaking the speed limit on youtube :thumbsup:

Whether others on here break the speed limit or not is irrelevant, you are admitting it 'in writing' :eek:

Public roads are for every one to use, and surprisingly enough most people do obey speed limits and other rules of the road.

Bear in mind that a nice quiet country road can all of a sudden be full of deer or other wild animals and hitting a deer at 50 will kill you just as quickly as hitting it at 100.

For your own sakes, please be careful.

Bragging about your exploits "in public"

No please do not get me wrong, i was not bragging and i am not after an argument,

All I was saying was how poorly I felt the ts responded at higher speeds, and in my opinion needs drastic mods to make it anywhere nearly as sure footed as my previous cars, last car the Lexus IS300 took round the ring with a gps indicated 148mph and i could very easily control that car at those speeds with the lightest finger pressure on the wheel, whereas the TS felt nervous and required full concentration.

Sorry if I offended anyone but it get the impression a lot of members mis-interpreted my post.

children, Children....

N & C is perfrctly correct. Bragging about your exploits "in public" is verging on the idiotic! It's a little like posting a video of yourself breaking the speed limit on youtube :thumbsup:

Whether others on here break the speed limit or not is irrelevant, you are admitting it 'in writing' :eek:

Public roads are for every one to use, and surprisingly enough most people do obey speed limits and other rules of the road.

Bear in mind that a nice quiet country road can all of a sudden be full of deer or other wild animals and hitting a deer at 50 will kill you just as quickly as hitting it at 100.

For your own sakes, please be careful.

I am not sure what exactly I admitted to.

Passing people who were going slower than me...not a criminal offence yet! 'Charging' simply implies that i passed the dawdlers for a change instead of dawdling along with them. Not much to worry about there. As I said before don't read into things that which isn't there. It is a stupid and dangerous thing to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links