Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody Used Hel Braided Brake Lines On 4.1 (1999)..

peevee

..just wondering if anybody who has used these, has had any issues with fitment, length problems etc.

There have been issues I've discovered on other forums which may be down to fitment location rather than the quality of the lines.

These are available for about £60 for 4 lines i.e both front and rear. The OEM rubber hoses I believe are approx £46 EACH !!!!

Thx

..just wondering if anybody who has used these, has had any issues with fitment, length problems etc.

There have been issues I've discovered on other forums which may be down to fitment location rather than the quality of the lines.

These are available for about £60 for 4 lines i.e both front and rear. The OEM rubber hoses I believe are approx £46 EACH !!!!

Thx

Hi peevee, never used them on a car but used them many times on motorbikes, they're good quality, work well and decent price, I never had any size or fitment issues, if your rubber hoses are getting old and soft you'll notice a dramatic difference. Good opportunity to clean the calipers and bung new fluid in too :)

Lee B

Not used them so can't comment. If you are working on the brakes, check your front calipers are working correcly.

Thanks guys - general consensus is that they are good quality so I think I will go for them. Calipers seem to be working ok but I'll check more thoroughly when I change the old lines (which I guess are nearing 12 years old) for new.

Thanks guys - general consensus is that they are good quality so I think I will go for them. Calipers seem to be working ok but I'll check more thoroughly when I change the old lines (which I guess are nearing 12 years old) for new.

Good idea to check thoroughly BEFORE you start ;)

This is one of the jobs that can reveal all sorts of nasties when you start, then you spend a happy weekend changing discs, pads, wheel bearings, track rod ends and all manner of suspension bushes etc before deciding you really MUST dissasemble, clean and re-seal the calipers - and while you're about it overhaul the master cylinder. With luck you won't find any broken springs or knackered shocks :)

BTDTGTTS - and had black fingers and no beer money for a fortnight :thumbsup:

Good luck

Lee B

Thanks Lee. I've recently had new discs. pads and bearings done. I'm confident all bushes are ok so, hopefully only the calipers to check and maybe sort out.

Is it relatively easy to overhaul master cylinder?

BTDGTTS?? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links