Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pictures Of Headunits

HitenB

Hey guys, I recently got a 1.4 corolla T2 facelift. I think that adding a aftermarket headunit will really spoil the look on the interior maybe some pictures of yours will change my mind? I have thought about a connect2 add on thing but I might want to add a amp/comps/sub in the future (used to have a sub).

Also if anyone could recommend cheap mods for the car i would be grateful. :)

Thanks

Heres a picture of my new baby :P

img0351av.jpg

A single DIN H/U look

med_gallery_1491_1308_37858.jpg

A Double DIN H/U look

med_gallery_1491_429_173346.jpg

And just to boot, my boot install look

med_gallery_1491_1308_101005.jpg

All the pics is what i've had in my car at one point, or still have :lol:

There are lots of other peeps with different installs, so just sit and wait to see whatelse pops up too, and see which one you like the look of

Bing

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bing's setup is really clean, everything is behind oem panels (as far as I know) and my own sound installation is the same. I have an Alpine single DIN unit. Colour match with clocks is perfect as is the colour match of the fascia kit with the dash, can't tell it's not factory install.

very happy with my result, no looking back since.

fascia has a matte finish to match the rest.

2zpo0zn.jpg

^^ those pioneer units are very good and very reasonably priced too.

2zpo0zn.jpg

that looks awesome, love the facia and the red white combo goes perfect. what HU is that?

2zpo0zn.jpg

that looks awesome, love the facia and the red white combo goes perfect. what HU is that?

Its DEH-3200UB, i use it mostly with my ipod good unit does what i need it to.

Hi Hozer,

Yes your fascia adaptor looks a really good match, can I ask the make and model number of it as I might be after one soon.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

its one of THESE (i didnt buy it from this guy maybe you can find one cheaper but that's the model)

They say its black but when you see the color in person you can really see the difference it has like a bluish look so for the finish i just got a spray can of MATT Black paint gave it 2 or 3 coats and it was good to go. in direct sunlight you can spot a bit of a difference but from a side view looks similar to the dash.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

great facia suits your car :thumbsup: can you please tell me where i could get one from?

• 11 years later...
On 5/20/2011 at 1:17 AM, Hozer said:

its one of THESE (i didnt buy it from this guy maybe you can find one cheaper but that's the model)

They say its black but when you see the color in person you can really see the difference it has like a bluish look so for the finish i just got a spray can of MATT Black paint gave it 2 or 3 coats and it was good to go. in direct sunlight you can spot a bit of a difference but from a side view looks similar to the dash.

just got my first car as a free hand-me-down from the missus' parent, had no idea what i was supposed to be looking for radio-wise bc not having bluetooth or an aux sucks. im 12 years late to this thread but im glad i found it 🙂

5 hours ago, EKay13 said:

just got my first car as a free hand-me-down from the missus' parent, had no idea what i was supposed to be looking for radio-wise bc not having bluetooth or an aux sucks. im 12 years late to this thread but im glad i found it 🙂

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, there are quiet a few posts dealing with aftermaket audio upgrades for the old Corolla.

Replacing the stock front Speakers with some similar sized decent quality ones gives a good sound mprovement.

You can fit quite a few aftermarket head units from simple single din, double din or one of the more modern android type units.

Most are a reasonably easy diy fitting, but on your 2002 model, the steering wheel audio controls are not compatible with the modern units, unless you fit one of these boards or similar.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/204986-corolla-e12-prefacelift-steering-wheel-control-problem-with-aftermarket-pioneer-unit-please-help/#comment-1616687

As you will see near the end of that thread is a picture of the £25 touch screen head unit we fitted,  yes it is new!   - we put all our music onto its SD card, you can plug in a usb stick, you can tether your phone etc etc,  might be a bit slow compared to the expensive branded units,  but suits us fine.