Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Sticking!

toerant1

Occasionally my driver's window 'jams' that is will not go up or will not go down but this is usually due to some reason. This weekend my daughter was in the back pressing one of the window switches there and I think triggered the failure on my window . We did everything to raise the window including taking the inner door apart but to no avail and I thought I would have to place a car cover over the car to protect the interior when on the journey home a random bang on the switch panel caused the window to perform correctly ( as in the past).

So obviously it was not a fuse but some deterioration in the circuit board of the switches perhaps?

Will it come a time when a thump on the door panel will not suffice? Will it mean a new switch/ circuit board and how much will one of these cost? Does the same switch/ circuit board appear in other models and I may be able to get one at a scrap yard or elsewhere?

By the way the window switches for the rear doors have never worked since I received the car and I know why now - because they have been unplugged at the fuse box for one reason or another?

I also have a drivers window problem it never seems to close properly,never fully up,I normally have to push it up to fully engage.Found this out first in a Car Wash !!! (Carina E/ H reg)

Any ideas?

Regards,Paul

Hi,

This is David.Thanks for sharing this info . I have also a drivers window problem ,never fully up. I think Found this out first in a Car Wash !!!

When a member of my family used to own one, there were a problem with the driver side window.

This is one with a motor by the way, unless your talking about one without. But we had to push it up by hand. This was when it was about half way down. It worked for a little, then stopped again. It was like button, push, button, push etc etc...

But I was told it was caused by a problem with the motor or something, but I still don't know. Never got a chance to investigate it.

I'd go and ask a Toyota expert.. Just what i'd do.

Hi,

Have been advised to squirt WD 40 down the window channel,before I try any idea if this works??

Regards,Paul

My driver's window is behaving normally now until another isolated episode when something will trigger malfunction. Whether this is the switch circuitry or motor which actually operates the glass ( if they are separate?), I dont know? It would be nice to see the lay-out of the mechanism inside the door frame without having to take it all apart?

I had an incident with the power window ( passenger this time) with my other car ( non toyota) and it was simply a fuse blown . The window was stuck fully up and prevented the soft top fully closing . Bit of a worry at the time wondering if it was going to rain?

I think with it being an older car the felt runners either side of the widows especailly down below the glass leval has deteriated and alows the glass to rise or fall at an angle and so jams

This will happen if the glass is not rising or falling equally in which case you need to inspect by taking the inner door panel off and see if the felt in the runners has fallen out or no longer there!

Thanks Petroleum,

There's me thinking the worst scenario and it could be as you suggest something stopping the glass going up and down (jamming)? This and squirting something down the sides of the glass could be the cure? Taking off the door panel etc will for me be a challenge but nothing ventured nothing gained. .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links