Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty Claims

forevered

thought i would start a thread on what warranty repairs people have had.

how old was the car when it went wrong, and what was toyotas response

just curious, hope people are interested to reply ? :unsure:

thought i would start a thread on what warranty repairs people have had.

how old was the car when it went wrong, and what was toyotas response

just curious, hope people are interested to reply ? :unsure:

My wife's Auris had front carpet replaced without quibble at 1 day short of 3 years under warranty.

Nothing else gone wrong apart from some ******** keyed it which I paid to have repaired.

David

compared to me, youve been very lucky, ive had to claim for, corroded alloy(replaced}clicking steering column{replaced}squeaky clutch pedal,they had to take the bell housing out to grease some parts up to fix that one,leaking water pump replaced last week,squaky gearlever(cant remember what they did to fix that one}squeaky brakes twice,stripped and cleaned up,creaking front suspension,which they failed to fix after replacing the top of the front struts,i ended up fixing it myself by spraying silicone spray over as many joints as i could reach/find, including spraying into the front shockers, and last but not least they managed to crack the plastic engine cover last week when it was in for a service, they didnt even tell me they had done it, probably hoping i wouldnt notice,after taking it back to complain ,they have ordered a new one(i suppose its not really a warranty claim that one}all this in the 3rd year, nice ! :crybaby:

I've just had my steering ecu replaced under warranty and when I got it back they had scratched the bumper so it's gotta go in for a respray now. :(

Not with Toyota - but in the days before they joined up with a certain french outfit (and thus were very reliable)

we used to have a Nissan Sunny which had a 3 year 100 000 mile warranty from new - and the Nissan dealer that sold the car new sent out a letter to tell us the warranty would be expiring soon and inviting us to bring the car in so they could check it out and any problems would be sorted out under warranty. They fixed a couple of small problems without issue

Red diesel

i was shocked to see how far down all toyotas were in all areas in the recent j d power survey, especially considering the reply from toyota customer relations i got in response to my complaints about the vehicle. they told me how few faults toyota had compared to other makes , that dosnt really add up when you look at the j d power results ? :unsure:

I bought my 07 1.6 inn Feb and it had a rattle coming from the driver's footwell. Took it to my local T and they diagnosed a worn worm gear in the steering system.

It is booked to fix on the 17th and I even get a courtesy car.

Will update after the repair.

Hope no sorry tales about scratches to the paintwork (etc) as I have just had every panel examined and refurbed where necessary.

This will be my first experience with T's Workshops.

Cheers

Krait

Toyota have a habit of damaging cars and then not takin responisibility..happened to me on 3 seperate occasions..i fully examine my car before and after and now tell them NOT to wash my car free of charge!!..id rather tke it to a hand car wash and pay a fiver than repair a nasty scratch. toyota customer service is by far the worst. And dont even get me started on my warraanty claims!!! :censor:

i know what you mean about getting scratches after they have washed it, ive had a few, also they dont bother to dry it properly and its covered in water marks, looks a right mess, its very slack of them, and dosnt do there reputation any favours at all,im surprised they addmitted to cracking my plastic engine cover,but only after i confronted them,that cost them about £70 for a new one

i was shocked to see how far down all toyotas were in all areas in the recent j d power survey, especially considering the reply from toyota customer relations i got in response to my complaints about the vehicle. they told me how few faults toyota had compared to other makes , that dosnt really add up when you look at the j d power results ? :unsure:

i dont suppose they are going to admit to they many faults are they.

a lot of different things are taken into account in the JD survey.

• 1 month later...

Auris faults at 20 months

Engine burning oil

Seat height adjuster faulty

Brakes squeal

Car judder when moving of from stationary

Been in and out of Toyota dealer from February 2010 to present. Cannot remember how many times but it has been a lot. Each time they say no fault found. Had three oil consumption tests, each time the oil level has been low on the dipstick.

Seat adj handle fouls on seat and difficult to raise seat.

The brakes they keep putting sticky pads on them but this is not correcting the fault.

They are just ignoring the judder.

The Service Manager has no interest in the faults and just wants to bury his head in the sand. He cannot dispute the oil usage but will not put pressure on Toyota to fix the fault. I think Toyota has put strict limitations on warranty claims.

Toyota customer relations are a waste of time, how can they help customers they have no knowledge of car mechanics.

After a lot of phone calls to Toyota I managed to get one of their engineers to inspect the car. I am waiting for his report.

18 months old,16k on clock,

1,2 new rear lights(full of moisture)

2,clutch release bearing

3, new front discs and pads (discs all scored)poor quality,

4, new wheel nuts(corrosion)

5,new roof strips (peeling off)

6,rear brakes binding

7,now require new wheel centres due to motif comong off,

now starting to crunch going into 3rd gear,

iam afraid this car will probably be up for sale soon ,pity as i like it really.........................

On our 2008 Auris, weve had squealing from the brakes and they wrote to us about the infamous brake pedal modification.

thats it!

Actually it wasnt! We had an altenator too...

Auris faults at 20 months

Engine burning oil

Seat height adjuster faulty

Brakes squeal

Car judder when moving of from stationary

Been in and out of Toyota dealer from February 2010 to present. Cannot remember how many times but it has been a lot. Each time they say no fault found. Had three oil consumption tests, each time the oil level has been low on the dipstick.

Seat adj handle fouls on seat and difficult to raise seat.

The brakes they keep putting sticky pads on them but this is not correcting the fault.

They are just ignoring the judder.

The Service Manager has no interest in the faults and just wants to bury his head in the sand. He cannot dispute the oil usage but will not put pressure on Toyota to fix the fault. I think Toyota has put strict limitations on warranty claims.

Toyota customer relations are a waste of time, how can they help customers they have no knowledge of car mechanics.

After a lot of phone calls to Toyota I managed to get one of their engineers to inspect the car. I am waiting for his report.

Seven days later, still waiting for Toyota's Engineers report.

Its been 14 months for me, no major problem that i need to send the car in to fix it, except there is still a small problem about the gear box. Sometime when i tried to change to 1st gear from neutral there is like a shaft that gets in the way of me changing to 1st, i'll have to keep pumping the cluth for it to work, i wonder if anyone had this problem??

Anyways, I have a few question about voiding warrenties.

1) Does installing a powerflow/freeflow and or Air Filter void the engines warrenty?

2) Installing aftermarket lights such as HID/LED light voids it?

3) Doing simple maintanance like cleaning the EGR valve etc void it as well?

Thanks

Key

Aygo = 1st in class

Yaris = 4th in class

Auris 12th in class

Prius = 2nd in class

RAV = 3rd in class

Not as bad as you describe I dont think :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

auris sr 2010 17months old with 17500miles, gears crunching and not going in 4th, sorted after 3 trips to toyota, new clutch pedal due to clonking under foot, now they have to replace the master cylinder as they now think its that, 2 new alloy wheels due to blistering, new seal around roof spoiler keeps coming out, new alternator light keeps coming on, new wing mirror original 1 wouldnt retract, airbag warning light keeps coming on but no faults found until yesterday, just a loose connection, new steering wheel and gear knob due to peeling and wearing badly.

i had a knocking noise on the front suspension which toyota couldnt find and fault with but after lowing the car i found the rubber spring seat wasnt fitted correctly so sorted that myself, all in all toyota have been great, and yes my car got a scratch on the rear bumper but cant prove they did it oh well

Aygo = 1st in class

Yaris = 4th in class

Auris 12th in class

Prius = 2nd in class

RAV = 3rd in class

Not as bad as you describe I dont think :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

maybe not the other models, but 12th out of 18 for the auris is poor.all my problems have been mechanical faults,if you look at the auris rating in that department it scored 2 out of 5 stars, non of the other cars got less than that

looking at the jd power results in what car magazine again ive noticed the toyota verso came bottom of the mpv section,

i wonder why you forgot to mention that one mr parts king ?

Chill, no need to get personal, Mr PK has been a good friend to many people using this forum. :)

Anyway, I expect he has broad shoulders.

Chill, no need to get personal, Mr PK has been a good friend to many people using this forum. :)

Anyway, I expect he has broad shoulders.

never has so much been owed by so many to broad shoulders.

wasnt intended to be taken personaly. only a light hearted dig.

i didnt realise his minders worked at weekends ! :rolleyes: