Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Out My Egr Valve

bluevortex

use a can of bg244 every 10k to clean injectors and egr valve you'll notice the difference in 30+ miles

How is BG244 going to clean the EGR?

Injectors is likely because its in its liquid form as it passes through them, so the detergent does what it needs to do.

After its burned off and becomes exhaust gas, its not likely to have any cleaning agent left in it, so i would imagine that it will no make no impact on an already dirty EGR, but it may help to prevent it getting worse.

I've used BG244 on a previous car, and yes it is very good, BUT i have never seen any mention on the packaging that its an EGR cleaner.

The valve is blocking because of excesive oil consumption .. caused by the piston rings not being up to the job. Cleaning the valve is just a symptom of a faulty engine. Take it to Toyota and they will fix the problem with new pistons and a new block.

Sorry, but i disagree with this statement.

Granted, a blocked EGR may be one of the symptoms after a head gasket has developed a fault, but the EGR clogs up simply because it recirculating hot exhaust gasses back into the engine, and these gasses are passing through a square object and blocking up the corners, then the build up starts from there.

Majority of all EGR crud is simply carbon, and thats because its come from combusted fuel.

I cleaned my EGR out within days of getting my car, and it had 15,500 on the clock and was 30 months old. It was owned by an old guy who rarely used it, and filled with supermarket fuel (I know this because i had the receipts in the glovebox). It was fully serviced and had not used a single drop of oil whatso ever, but i can assure you it was a mess when i cleaned it up:

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

I recently checked it after 8k miles, and the carbon build up is minimal, and since owning the car i have only used Shell fuels.

Make of that what you will, but be assured that my head gasket is perfectly fine, and always has been.

Injectors is likely because its in its liquid form as it passes through them, so the detergent does what it needs to do.

After its burned off and becomes exhaust gas, its not likely to have any cleaning agent left in it, so i would imagine that it will no make no impact on an already dirty EGR, but it may help to prevent it getting worse.

I've used BG244 on a previous car, and yes it is very good, BUT i have never seen any mention on the packaging that its an EGR cleaner.

Well thats what there web site states!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Your Petrol or Diesel Vehicle Suffers From:

* Hesitation or Flat Spots?

* Rough Idle?

* Poor Fuel Consumption?

* Lack of Power?

* Poor Acceleration?

* Excessive smoke?

Or if You Suspect Your Vehicle May Have:

* Dirty or Clogged Fuel Injectors?

* Carbon Deposits on Intake Components, Valves or Combustion Chambers?

* A Clogged EGR System?

* Deposits on the O2 Sensor Resulting in Inaccurate Air/Fuel Ratio Data sent to Your Vehicle’s ECU?

* A Clogged Catalytic Converter or Diesel Particulate Filter?

O dear no more marketing blurpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!! Every ones pulling each others pants down LOL!!!! :yahoo:

Think of it this way, they sell baked beans, their own branded beans, cheap with runny tomato sauce, then a middle of the road brand, then they also sell Heinz baked beans, top notch, thick tomato sauce and no dodgy discoloured beans in the can

Kingo :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a program on tv about food and how the economy brands come from the same place in many instances as the big brand names? The difference in price is down to overhead costs and quantity.

The valve is blocking because of excesive oil consumption .. caused by the piston rings not being up to the job. Cleaning the valve is just a symptom of a faulty engine. Take it to Toyota and they will fix the problem with new pistons and a new block.

Sorry, but i disagree with this statement.

Granted, a blocked EGR may be one of the symptoms after a head gasket has developed a fault, but the EGR clogs up simply because it recirculating hot exhaust gasses back into the engine, and these gasses are passing through a square object and blocking up the corners, then the build up starts from there.

Majority of all EGR crud is simply carbon, and thats because its come from combusted fuel.

I cleaned my EGR out within days of getting my car, and it had 15,500 on the clock and was 30 months old. It was owned by an old guy who rarely used it, and filled with supermarket fuel (I know this because i had the receipts in the glovebox). It was fully serviced and had not used a single drop of oil whatso ever, but i can assure you it was a mess when i cleaned it up:

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

I recently checked it after 8k miles, and the carbon build up is minimal, and since owning the car i have only used Shell fuels.

Make of that what you will, but be assured that my head gasket is perfectly fine, and always has been.

I wish mine was that dirty :unsure:

* Rough Idle?

* Poor Fuel Consumption?

* Lack of Power?

* Poor Acceleration?

* Excessive smoke?

* A Clogged EGR System?

* Deposits on the O2 Sensor Resulting in Inaccurate Air/Fuel Ratio Data sent to Your Vehicle’s ECU?

O dear no more marketing blurpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!! Every ones pulling each others pants down LOL!!!! :yahoo:

:lol:

I missed that one :rolleyes:

Well, if they say it can do it, then they must have proven it, so who am i to argue with their claims :thumbsup:

I can belive burning paper thin 5w30 oil could cause these deposits :thumbsup:

use a can of bg244 every 10k to clean injectors and egr valve you'll notice the difference in 30+ miles

I just !Removed! in the filler hole after ever fill up.....

My mpg has improved, My EGR is spotless although a tad smelly, and my engine is purring like a kitten,

Buy my farts only £20 a can. Endorsed by some of the mayjor manufactures :toast:

"Dont let your engine run without Buy my farts"

* Rough Idle?

* Poor Fuel Consumption?

* Lack of Power?

* Poor Acceleration?

* Excessive smoke?

* A Clogged EGR System?

:lol:

I missed that one :rolleyes:

Well, if they say it can do it, then they must have proven it, so who am i to argue with their claims :thumbsup:

So we need to sue them now for false advertising right???

You start a law suit against Shell, and i'll start one against BG244 :thumbsup:

The only difference between some of my comments and some other peoples comments, is that i'm willing to speak of personal experience, not what someone else has told me.

The only way to know something for yourself is to try it for yourself.

Think of it this way, they sell baked beans, their own branded beans, cheap with runny tomato sauce, then a middle of the road brand, then they also sell Heinz baked beans, top notch, thick tomato sauce and no dodgy discoloured beans in the can

Wasn't there a program on tv about food and how the economy brands come from the same place in many instances as the big brand names? The difference in price is down to overhead costs and quantity.

I surpose so..... a potatoe for instance...............they all come from the ground? right??? :wacko: Some may be Nike branded and some may be dunlop branded, but its still a potatoe from the ground. Right? :thumbsup:

You start a law suit against shell, and i'll start one against BG244 :thumbsup:

The only difference between some of my comments and some other peoples comments, is that i'm willing to speak of personal experience, not what someone else has told me.

The only way to know something for yourself is to try it for yourself.

yeah your probably right, you pay the extra so you get the extra.

Same when you go to a dealership, you pay the extra you get the extra Right????????? ;)

If by that you mean maintaining a warranty so your car is covered for the period of time or mileage, then i suppose your right :thumbsup:

I surpose so..... a potatoe for instance...............they all come from the ground? right??? :wacko: Some may be Nike branded and some may be dunlop branded, but its still a potatoe from the ground. Right? :thumbsup:

I was thinking you could get a crop at some depot, all from the same farm, however, a multitude of companies take the same potatoes from the same crop but package it with their own brand packaging. One economy, one premium brand. vast difference in prices.

I was thinking you could get a crop at some depot, all from the same farm, however, a multitude of companies take the same potatoes from the same crop but package it with their own brand packaging. One economy, one premium brand. vast difference in prices.

Your right!!

I could buy some regular diesel and put some BG244 in it and brand it as "Super Big Goolies 244HP" fuel, and sell it for £2 per liter.......

Every one would want Super Big Goolies as it gives you 244HP (I only know this means house points) and I would be sitting in my hamock on my private island in no time :thumbsup:

In fact Im off thats what Im going to do.

Look out for SBG244HP at your local petrol station. :toast:

The soot in the EGR can only come from the exhaust so excessive build ups can indicate a problem with the engine.

The times when soot will be at its highest concentrations in the exhaust (At least in diesel/D4D's)

1) When the engine is cold

2) When the accelerator is being floored, esp. at low revs

However, according to the docs the EGR is only supposed to open when the car is cruising; It (allegedly) won't open when the engine is cold or if there is any large power demand placed on it (e.g. hard acceleration, going up a steep hill, towing something, car full of fat people etc.).

Better fuels will always help tho' as they burn more completely (And with little to no soot!), and I suppose having cleaner exhaust gas will help clean out the EGR a tiny bit as the high pressure of the exhaust flow should help shift some of the soot!

A tank of V-Power diesel and a long motorway cruise can do wonders :)

• Like 1

The soot in the EGR can only come from the exhaust so excessive build ups can indicate a problem with the engine.

The times when soot will be at its highest concentrations in the exhaust (At least in diesel/D4D's)

1) When the engine is cold

2) When the accelerator is being floored, esp. at low revs

However, according to the docs the EGR is only supposed to open when the car is cruising; It (allegedly) won't open when the engine is cold or if there is any large power demand placed on it (e.g. hard acceleration, going up a steep hill, towing something, car full of fat people etc.).

Better fuels will always help tho' as they burn more completely (And with little to no soot!), and I suppose having cleaner exhaust gas will help clean out the EGR a tiny bit as the high pressure of the exhaust flow should help shift some of the soot!

A tank of V-Power diesel and a long motorway cruise can do wonders :)

Could burning oil cause a soot build up in the EGR? I`ve seen an engine that was burning oil and the pistons head and valves where carbon coated.

Also just read this from the BK244 site:

BG 44K® has proved particularly valuable to high performance cars imported from Japan. Such vehicles have usually been run on fuels with a much higher octane levels than equivalent fuels in the UK. As a compromise these fuels contain more additives, which as a consequence, can increase the accumulation of deposits in the fuel system. Such deposits partially block and hinder the performance of the fuel injectors and other parts of the fuel system.

So what you are actually doing is paying £30 for some cleaning agent to remove all the crud that your extra paid for V Power aditives have left in your engine. :yahoo:

Give me rhino dung in my engine any day.

Mmm don't know if I'm worried or not about my engine burning too much oil now after all your comments. I wish I hadn't posted now your worrying me. I noticed I was slightly low on oil, only 4k since last Toyota service!

Blue

Mmm don't know if I'm worried or not about my engine burning too much oil now after all your comments. I wish I hadn't posted now your worrying me. I noticed I was slightly low on oil, only 4k since last Toyota service!

Blue

Ere I hope You aint been putting Tesco Value diesel from the pump with the blue and white stripes on !!!!

Some engines will burn a little oil without there being anything wrong. Its all down to engineering tolerances. Some engines will produce bigger power than others its just one of those things that engines do !!! If Your oil level is only slightly low after 4K miles there is nothing to worry about Mate !!

Now get Yerself off and buy some of that expensive Diesel from The Tesco Finest pump ........................

Also just read this from the BK244 site:

BG 44K® has proved particularly valuable to high performance cars imported from Japan. Such vehicles have usually been run on fuels with a much higher octane levels than equivalent fuels in the UK. As a compromise these fuels contain more additives, which as a consequence, can increase the accumulation of deposits in the fuel system. Such deposits partially block and hinder the performance of the fuel injectors and other parts of the fuel system.

So what you are actually doing is paying £30 for some cleaning agent to remove all the crud that your extra paid for V Power aditives have left in your engine. :yahoo:

Give me rhino dung in my engine any day.

You're quoting about PETROL additive product.

If my diesel has got OCTANE in it, then it's probably going to do more than block my EGR.

Blue

Forums are full of 'bad news' but not everyone has to worry about it.

If you are concerned, keep an eye on your oil level and check your coolant regularly. If your coolant looks like its getting darker, then get it booked in. Also check the oil filler cap for any signs of 'mayo' (white residue from coolant and oil mixing).

If you oil doesn't drop, and you have no tell tale signs, then i wouldn't worry too much :thumbsup:

Sorry to drop a bomb but toyota have issued a warranty bullitin at work about egr valves clogging up with carbon, they say its down to oil consumption so if the code for the egr valve pops up then dont clear it because theyve extended the warranty on it to 7yrs or 110,000, so itl get stripped and modified pistons put in it so suposidly fix the problem, this is for the 2.0 and 2.2 1ad and 2ad engines, ive rebuilt 3 engines in a row the past 3 weeks.

Cheers

Sorry to drop a bomb but toyota have issued a warranty bullitin at work about egr valves clogging up with carbon, they say its down to oil consumption so if the code for the egr valve pops up then dont clear it because theyve extended the warranty on it to 7yrs or 110,000, so itl get stripped and modified pistons put in it so suposidly fix the problem, this is for the 2.0 and 2.2 1ad and 2ad engines, ive rebuilt 3 engines in a row the past 3 weeks.

Cheers

Thats handy to know, thanks for the heads'up. :thumbsup:

So do Toyota recommend that we (the customer) check the EGR valve ourselves, or will it be done at service intervals by the Technicians?

I have no problem checking mine at recommended intervals, but i suspect there may be a large number of people who would not be able to do this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links