Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final Warning

Norfolk n Chance

I am getting fed up of the number of posts where people are bragging about driving at speeds well in excess of the speed limit.

None of this "private road/race track nudge nudge wink wink" crap either.

The next person to make a post of this nature will be banned.

No warning, no message to ask you not to post things like that just straight to a ban.

If you want to post about your exploits breaking the law then please also include your full name, address, car reg and where/when you broke the speed limit so that TOC can pass it on to your local Police so that you can be removed from our roads as well as our forums!

• Like 8

I am getting fed up of the number of posts where people are bragging about driving at speeds well in excess of the speed limit.

The next person to make a post of this nature will be banned.

No warning, no message to ask you not to post things like that just straight to a ban.

If you want to post about your exploits breaking the law then please also include your full name, address, car reg and where/when you broke the speed limit so that TOC can pass it on to your local Police so that you can be removed from our roads as well as our forums!

finally a post about the stupidity of speeding and the fools who think big of it.

i'll start it off with a tragic tale about a guy i knew from school, on his 18th birthday he thought it would be fun to race around in his new birthday present without wearing his seatbelt. he had his best friend and his girlfriend of 3 years in the car with him. whilst rounding a corner, at well over the speed limit, he did not have enough time or distance to stop from hitting a parked, articulated, flatbed lorry.

he survived by being thrown free from the car. his passengers both died from a mixture of crash related injuries and burning alive. he is now in and out of suicide watch after killing his life long best friend and the love of his life.

Phoenixz

P.S. pls ignore the fact that not wearing his seatbelt saved his life

Well done N&C.

Whether we agree with some speed limits or not, they are there for our safety generally and whether they are obeyed or not is a matter of personal choice.

However, to brag about breaking them and/or dangerous driving IMO is srupid and unforgivable.

Like Phoenixz I have personal reasons for not breaking speed limits, and get really p....d off when I am overtaken by someone that is doing so.

I was told by a traffic cop once that eventually most speeders are either caught, have a speed related accident or grow up!!

Let that not be one of our members please for the first two!

• Like 1

I would like to add that when I ran my first car club (The Dorset Car Owners Club, D.C.O.C)the forum suffered the same fate. The club ran really well for over a year, but we then had an influx of text talkers and speed braggers which sadly brought about the end of that club. I have since moved on and renamed and relaunched it with much stricter rules.

We all speed or have done, but posting about it on a public forum is never smart, as I was told by the local Police constabulary that lots of these forums are actually monitored, and yes we all hate big brother, but I guess it's just a sign of the times.

I remember reading once about a guy that had posted such speed claimes on a car club forum, then was involved in an accident, and his forum posts were put before the Crown to prosecute him.. not sure if this was true or an urban legend.

• 2 months later...

At the end of the day somebody has got to get the point across, if you want to race, goto a race track. I know everyone has the urge to give it the lead foot now and then but driving wrecklessly and giving a little boot are two different things.

Unfortunately in my line of work I come across accidents on a regular basis, the biggest shame is that, the victim ends up being far worse than the driver at fault in most cases.

Remember guys, kill your speed not a fellow motorist.

• 9 months later...

One day these people will actually cop on to themselves. I'm 18 and I admit, I used to speed however I have gotten sensible in the last few months and given it up because not only is it a stupid life endangering thing to do but it also costs you more money and reduces the life time of your corolla :P Its just a phase that most people go through in life and will hopefully get over it in time :) Safe driving people :)

• 3 weeks later...

g.gif

• 1 month later...

Pheionxz your story really got to me, that was awful poor fella and passengers. and also there families too

• 1 year later...

Just joined the forum,

Like this post very much.

Keep the fools out, keep the roads safe. :donatello:

Great stuff !!

When driving at or below the speed limit because the road conditions dictate
it, when I need to drive slower/more carefully i.e. around schools and obvious
hazards. The idiots behind me get
annoyed and usually overtake in the most stupid places, or drive real close to
my tail pipe trying to gee me up with liberal use of their horns.

I am by the way, not one of those
drivers that habitually drive too slow, just in case?......... I like to make
decent progress and get on with it, but only where it's safe. It's not speed that's dangerous, it's inappropriate
speed that is potentially lethal.

The limits are not a target, they just show the maximum speed on that road.
I've seen people have accidents and the say, "but I was only dong 10
MPH" perhaps even 10MPH was too fast for the road conditions?

I was taught to be an advanced driving instructor by a retired Flying squad
instructor, boy, did he have some stories to tell, none of them were at all
amusing. The people that had caused the carnage, if they were still alive
were oh so sorry. A bit late being sorry, use your common sense if you have any
and be patient. Don't end up as one, or worse.

• 4 weeks later...

VOX,

Couldn't agree more, it's inappropreate use of speed that is most dangerous. You see some terrible overtaking and poor decision making out on there.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

A sensilble forum attitude........not many left out there.

• 1 year later...

Is this a joke ??? It is a damn cheap Corolla... How can I possibly drag race with it ?

Please enlighten me how can a 1.4 or 1.6 litre motor go so fast ?

HP is around 100 horse power...

When driving E12 VVT-I 1.4litre 80km/h the corolla feels like its breaking apart.:laugh: It can't go much higher...

No, it isn't a joke !!!!!

At the time of the original thread, originally posted by a moderator, there was an issue with some members posting about breaking the speed limits, .etc - which in UK are between 5 and 70mph, depending on locality. 

Indeed the sentiment of the original post still applies to Toyota Owners Club today - almost six years later. 

If members wish to boast within threads about unlawful practices, it is against the terms and conditions of Toyota Owners Club, and they will receive warnings and/or bans as appropriate.

• 5 weeks later...

How I wish that the same common sense advice applied more stringently to all web fora! We wouldn't burn down a building, then go online and boast about it, at least I hope we wouldn't. Sure and the same applies here, IMHO. Anyone who does feel the need to make such an open admission of their limited physical prowess should stick to social networking sites, there's a lot of that on there, so I'm told regularly in my weekday rôle as a support worker for victims of such venues..

:mellow: