Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris D4D 1.4 1Nd-Tv Engine Tappets

pedro3

The service & warranty book that comes with the vehicle makes no mention of tappet adjustment in either the Full or Intermediate service. What tappets does the 1.4 D-4D have? Should this be checked at service? Should an owner book to have the tappets serviced? Are these shimmed hydraulic or adjustable by re-shimming? Also should the Injectors be serviced or is an injector cleaner sufficient.

The service & warranty book that comes with the vehicle makes no mention of tappet adjustment in either the Full or Intermediate service. What tappets does the 1.4 D-4D have? Should this be checked at service? Should an owner book to have the tappets serviced? Are these shimmed hydraulic or adjustable by re-shimming? Also should the Injectors be serviced or is an injector cleaner sufficient.

I dont know much about the 1.4 derv in your car but most are hydraulic and dont need adjusting with shims unless they are noisey. I'd leave well along if the car has good oil pressure. You can run a fuel treatment through the car to clean the injectors. Stuff like Millers diesel clean/Forte or BG244 which is expensive but what a difference you'll find with the quietness of the engine and mpg you'll get. :thumbsup:

The tappets are adjustable with a screw and locking nut, however you have some work to get at them, stripping the top cover from the engine, I wouldn't bother to mess with them unless there was a symptom to suggest they needed adjusting.

I again, wouldn't refurbish the injectors unless there was a problem (eg emissions failure at MOT time or smoking etc) you wont get much change from £250, the Forte additive is probably one of the best available.