Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previa Clutch?

AaronDavid

Hiya. New here, cards on the table; I just bought a Previa, 92' 2.2 diesel auto to carry my tribe of kids around. I've never owned an auto before & know nothing about them. I've always been pretty handy with a spanner though. Today I've noticed a fault on the car. I put my foot down & about a second later the clutch bites. Also while driving the engine races while the speed of the car remains constant. In a manual I'd say the clutch is worn. Is this the case in an auto or is it an indication of something else?

Aaron.

Hiya. New here, cards on the table; I just bought a Previa, 92' 2.2 diesel auto to carry my tribe of kids around. I've never owned an auto before & know nothing about them. I've always been pretty handy with a spanner though. Today I've noticed a fault on the car. I put my foot down & about a second later the clutch bites. Also while driving the engine races while the speed of the car remains constant. In a manual I'd say the clutch is worn. Is this the case in an auto or is it an indication of something else?

Aaron

problems.. this will not disapear check your atf dip stick smell the atf oil if its a burnt smell or dark brown colour and check atf oil level you should check on level surface warm engine and engine running then check low oil any of these problems or jerky gear changes are all problems and should be seen to straight away or it can lead to a expensive job best of luck....

Thanks for the advice. You were right; low ATF level. There's a leak! Topping it up 'til I can find time to fix it. Here's my current quandry. Where's the reservoir? I'm topping up in the dipstick tube for now. Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope.:-)

Hi, That's how you fill the auto box through the dip stick, keep doing that till you fix the leak.