Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price For Fitting Lowering Springs

sizzla538

hi there, wanting to get my springs on asap and have rang up a couple of garages that have quoted me 4 hours work at 200-250 quid!

i was expecting more 150ish, can anyone give me an idea of price range? thanks

its about an hours labour a corner so its about right from a garage, just depends on the hourly rate. do you not know anybody local that could do it like pay a mate lol its not that hard a job really

jack the car all the way up until all the suspension travel is out

clamp the springs

unbolt any abs or brake hose mounts

undo the bottom shock nut and push the shock up

undo the 3 top nuts

and that's the shock out :D then its just taking the shock nut off and swap the springs over lol kind of

You could buy all the tools you'll need for less than £50! It's easy enough to do yourself, but can be a bit time consuming! Even with no power tools you should be able to get it done in 2 hours!

We work on around £40 an hour but the cost of living ooop norf is a bit less than in Essex so around £200 would be about right for your area.

You could buy all the tools you'll need for less than £50! It's easy enough to do yourself, but can be a bit time consuming! Even with no power tools you should be able to get it done in 2 hours!

:yes:

With me and two mates got all of them changed in hour and half

its about an hours labour a corner so its about right from a garage, just depends on the hourly rate. do you not know anybody local that could do it like pay a mate lol its not that hard a job really

jack the car all the way up until all the suspension travel is out

clamp the springs

unbolt any abs or brake hose mounts

undo the bottom shock nut and push the shock up

undo the 3 top nuts

and that's the shock out :D then its just taking the shock nut off and swap the springs over lol kind of

Please excuse my ignorance but why do you need to clamp the springs first before you remove the complete leg??

Surely that that has to be a more dangerous way of doing it, never once in 26yrs working for Toyota have I or never been instructed to do it that way.

I am doing my 40mm drop springs at the weekend and will remove the complete assembly and only clamp down when leg is safely out on the floor.

Little tip, undo top nut one turn when weight of vehicle is still upon the suspension as this helps to loosen without rounding the internal 6mm allen key hole,

because i do all my work on the floor so clamping the spring first help me to get the shock compressed enough to get it out without to much hassle. I agree it is easier to use a floor standing spring compressor and do it when its out any time but i dont lol. And good idea about the shock nut if you cant just buzz it off with an impact gun : )

hi there, wanting to get my springs on asap and have rang up a couple of garages that have quoted me 4 hours work at 200-250 quid!

i was expecting more 150ish, can anyone give me an idea of price range? thanks

Where abouts in Essex do u live? The garage I take my car to givs good rates. I believe wen my bro got his springs installed he paid under £100.

The grage is called CBMS and they r based in Wickford.

im in rayleigh so thats only round the corner! cheers do you have a number for these folks?

sounds good, i need somewhere to fit my TTE springs still...

im in rayleigh so thats only round the corner! cheers do you have a number for these folks?

The number is 01268 570920 His name is Craig. :-)