Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'touch-Up' Transfer Paint

Phil0600

Apologies if anyone's posted about this before - but if they have I can't find it! When I got my car 4 years ago I found a paint transfer strip (tucked away with the vehicle documentation). There were no proper instructions and I've never really given them a second thought until now. I was washing my car the other day and noticed a few very minor stone chips and was wondering whether anyone has used the paint transfers (as opposed to touch-up paint) and, if so, are they any good - and how do you apply them?

Thanks, Phil

I have some too, I have found the best way to use them is to thoroughly clean the area where it is to be stuck onto, a tar and glue remover or similar is good as a final cleaning agent, then dry thoroughly and apply. The only thing I have noticed is that some of the strips have discoloured after a few months so I have reverted back to the touch up stick

Apologies if anyone's posted about this before - but if they have I can't find it! When I got my car 4 years ago I found a paint transfer strip (tucked away with the vehicle documentation). There were no proper instructions and I've never really given them a second thought until now. I was washing my car the other day and noticed a few very minor stone chips and was wondering whether anyone has used the paint transfers (as opposed to touch-up paint) and, if so, are they any good - and how do you apply them?

Thanks, Phil

I tried them and they look like sticking plasters no matter how you cut them to shape so used touch up paint even that not perfect but looks better

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't tried them yet but will post again if/when I do.

Cheers, Phil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links