Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Corolla Sr Vvti

Tibs

Thanks again!

Which style discs did you end up with? Grooved/drilled/dimpled etc.

Ferodo list different pads too, any ideas on which spec/compound?

Sorry for the questions, but I guess that's kind of what these boards are for :-)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tibs

• Steven252

• dangermooser

• Littlenicky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went for drilled and grooved disc on both front and rear after all they have to match? right?

In terms of the different specs and compounds I am not sure but you would want something pretty grippy I would have thought especially if you want them to perform well. I know the mintex ones have their critics but I have found them to be pretty good and even when used a lot they seem to be upto the job

Been a bit busy and hectic the last few weeks, but things seem to be levelling out a bit now, so can press on with bodywork enquiries probably next week some time all being well.

Noticed a while back that my alt.drive belt was looking slightly less than new, so have been meaning to get a new one. Dealer friend could only get down to around £30 for the belt, so I did some shopping around for an aftermarket one. Today I picked up a Continental one from Euro Car Parts locally for £18 plus the dreaded, so I'm quite happy with that.

Will be fitting it in a week or so whilst visiting a friend and working on their Corolla, two birds with one stone etc.... (Better !Removed! fit...!).

Swapped a few messages with regards the Toyota Sprint Series, just hoping to hear something positive back soon, to start making plans for the event later in the year.

Haven't posted any pics for an age, so even though I didn't have any chance to clean the old girl at all, I took a few this week, thought I'd post a couple as she is.

post-9063-0-56977200-1308144491_thumb.jp

post-9063-0-10758300-1308144579_thumb.jp

That is a lovely motor! Can I ask what exhaust you have there? I'm looking for something nice looking but not too loud if at all - ideally I want a genuine replacement but with the genunie Toyota tail trim - seems hard to get hold of though...

Best example of a facelift E11 I'v ever seen! Sorry to hear you are having trouble with bodyshops! Keep trying I guess?

I'm lucky to have a very friendly and very good quality body shop near me - just had my whole rear bumper and nearside bump strips resprayed for £200 :thumbsup:

Thanks Ben! Don't get many good things said about it, so cheers! :D

The exhaust is a custom job made by a fabricators up here in the north east, very pleased with both it and them.

post-9063-0-87500600-1310549225_thumb.jp

1140 miles, dirty and tired, but did me proud.

Whistle stop tour of Wales under her belt, covering EVO triangle, Anglesey and Pembrey circuit visits, Brecon Beacons and motorway blasts.

To say thanks to the old girl, new brakes have been ordered today, much needed. Will be going on next week, along with the dreaded MOT session. Fingers crossed!

Must get round to sourcing a new centre cap for that wheel too.....

Once those jobs are done, a damn good detailing is in order.

Looks like you had a good time (this is my conclusion due to the number of flies attached to the front of your car)

It is a lovely looking car :thumbsup:

Thanks DM, we had a great time, lads driving holiday, always good :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

MOT time.

Put it through, knowing it would fail on brakes (knackered) and emissions (Cat missing for some reason......).

Indeed it did fail on brakes, fronts were shot and providing a drastic imbalance, emissions were too high, and rear spring incorrectly seated.

Spring had moved a bit, seems that due to the kit I have and the spirited driving, it had moved around on its seat a touch. Nothing that a tug with big molegrips didn't sort out though, job done.

Cat fitted, and emissions are fine. Job done.

New EBC discs and Green Stuff pads fitted, brakes are amazing and another job done.

Result! :thumbsup:

Another 12 months ok'd.

Advisory given on a rear tyre, getting close to limit, which I knew, but all tyres need to be changed (see prvious entry on here).

Also an advisory given on both rear anti-roll bar linkages, slight play in ball joint on both. We reckon its partly the age, 11 years nearly now, and the type of use it gets now. No dramas, will look at these soon and see what my options are.

Lovely weather up our way yesterday, thought I'd give the car a quick wash and a clean. Ended up washing and wiping over 3 cars, not one of them my own!

Nevermind.

Got round to it today, thought I'd take a couple of pics after a quick, and I mean quick, washn and wipe round.

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

More to document progress and to show that even with its battle scars, vandalism and age, it still doesn't look too bad (in my eyes anyway...)

In the midst of sorting the appropriate race championship sponsor graphics and logos for it at the moment. Hope to have these confirmed before too long - fingers crossed.

Brakes are bedding in nicely, another 50 miles or so on them today, and a real run out penciled in for the weekend over the Dales all being well, should see them sorted.

Thats a very clean car, can I ask what colour is it ?

Thanks!

It is 6R8, Green Mica.

One of only 100 or so of this spec made.

One job that I hadn't managed to get done the other week, was to swap the Cat back after test, so had that done, and it's back on top form, a noticable difference in performance and noise, has to be said.

Took a quick pic on my phone before she went up in the air.

IMG01875-20110726-1633.jpg

Thanks jw!

Still awaiting a reply on the race graphics, but I have about 4 weeks yet until the event, so will chase them up in a week or so.

Noticed a 'knocking' from the back when reversing down the drop kerb at home this morning. My thinking is that it is the drop links advised at MOT the other week.

Will check these out next week when time allows.

I meant to post these couple of pictures the other week, and promptly forgot about them, but thats me all over really!

Anyway, whilst renewing the drive belts on mine and a friends Corollas, I took a few pics.

These are of my friends Corolla, well, it belongs to his other half really. I hate a dirty car, and can't work on one either, and a clean engine is an easier engine to work on for me.

Started as a quick clean of under the bonnet, ended up being a full on detail session. Again, me all over really. Sad, I know......

Before

IMG_0101.jpg

After

IMG_0105.jpg

A little bit better I think....

The people I work with think I'm mad for cleaning under the bonnet of the car but I take as much care on the bits you can't always see as the bits you can.Top job mate :thumbsup:

Thanks again!

Easier to see any leaks, tools dont slip, hands dont get covered in crap, if you nick yourself, less rubbish to clean out of any cuts, looks better etc etc

• 3 weeks later...

Not typed anything on here for a bit, so a catch up.

Race entry fee paid and place confirmed. :)

Championship sponsor graphics for my car ordered. :)

And race number allocated. :)

Really looking forward to the day at Croft circuit next month, only a few weeks away now.

Really looking forward to the day at Croft circuit next month, only a few weeks away now.

:blush: :blush: Sorry Tibs I should have put 2&2 together and looked at your posts (especially as Cyker took the 'p' :lol:) really looking forward to you joining us at Croft (15 days, 17 hours & counting), I'll be the one probably going the wrong way in a car that has now been 'affectionately' renamed Krusty (after the clown) :rolleyes: & if you fancy meeting up on the Saturday night a load of us will be at the Premier Inn, Darlington (Morton Park Way,Morton Park, DL1 4PJ) I'll pm you my number so you can yell if you're coming for a drink :D

:blush: :blush: Sorry Tibs I should have put 2&2 together and looked at your posts (especially as Cyker took the 'p' :lol:) really looking forward to you joining us at Croft (15 days, 17 hours & counting), I'll be the one probably going the wrong way in a car that has now been 'affectionately' renamed Krusty (after the clown) :rolleyes: & if you fancy meeting up on the Saturday night a load of us will be at the Premier Inn, Darlington (Morton Park Way,Morton Park, DL1 4PJ) I'll pm you my number so you can yell if you're coming for a drink :D

Thanks for that, no probs in your sums ;)

PM replied to. Looking forward to meeting you all :thumbsup:

Heard that sponsor graphics have been dispatched, so another step forward :)

Will sort pics out as and when.

Have you fitted braided lines?

I haven't, no. Was thinking of it, but juggling finances as usual and couldn't quite stretch to lines as well as new discs and pads at the time. Braking is spot on again now as it is, but have braided lines on the 'to do' list.

Not overly certain as to which brand to go for, but will sort that at the time I guess.

Have you fitted braided lines?

I haven't, no. Was thinking of it, but juggling finances as usual and couldn't quite stretch to lines as well as new discs and pads at the time. Braking is spot on again now as it is, but have braided lines on the 'to do' list.

Not overly certain as to which brand to go for, but will sort that at the time I guess.

I don't suppose you know the part number for the greenstuff pads you've got fitted do you?

Just looked at my invoice and dispatch notes.

EBCDP2964

TOYOTA ROADSPORT GREENSTUFF AF37 BRAKE PADS

Pretty sure that they are the same for the G6R, but worth checking I guess.

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links