• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tibs

• Steven252

• dangermooser

• Littlenicky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Race graphics arrived, had a trial fit of them, will get pics from the event all being well.

Arrived beautifully packed in a sturdy tube, complete mounted on magnetic backings :)

IMG_1327.jpg

Obviously, there are 2 of each, for each side of the car.

Also this past week, these arrived..

IMG_1334.jpg

Been wanting to fit some for far too long, finally got round to it.

So from this.

IMG_1332.jpg

To this.

IMG_1337.jpg

Hoorah!

so much better :thumbsup: ive had some of these sat around for ages for my t sport but cannot be asked to take the bumper off to do it! :rolleyes:

so much better :thumbsup: ive had some of these sat around for ages for my t sport but cannot be asked to take the bumper off to do it! :rolleyes:

I did mine while changing over to the new headlights......you could always go to halfrauds buy some new ones and pay the £5 they charge for fitting.

At this point sit down with your chosen beverage and watch them work on your car

Looking forward to seeing the stickers on the car be interesting to see how you position them, the chrome indicators look a lot better too :thumbsup:

When is your first event?

Looking forward to seeing the stickers on the car be interesting to see how you position them, the chrome indicators look a lot better too :thumbsup:

When is your first event?

The sticker location rules have been relaxed, as its not always possible to place them in the same places on different cars. So I've had a trail fit and think I've come up with a happy medium. Will play around more finally on the day. Race day is this Sunday, the 4th September. Weather isn't looking too great, but can't do anything about that, will give it my best.

Also looking to seeing the car all stickered up :yes:

Ref the chrome indicator bulbs,this is something I want to do too.Where did you get yours from?I know there are a lot on eBay as long as they are reputable sellers and decent bulbs.

Also,are the pins opposite or offset and finally,how do you get the lamps out.

I tried for ages on mine and couldn't work out what else apart from the philips screw holds the lamp in :unsure:

Ref the chrome indicator bulbs,this is something I want to do too.Where did you get yours from?I know there are a lot on ebay as long as they are reputable sellers and decent bulbs.

I tried for ages on mine and couldn't work out what else apart from the philips screw holds the lamp in :unsure:

bulbs are from Euro Car Parts. Ordered online, free delivery turned up next day and 25% off too :thumbsup:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/bulbs/interior-bulbs/?48177516s&0&cc5_201

Pins are offset, doddle to fit.

Bonnet up, a screw holds the indicator lamp into side bracket of the headlight. The screw is placed vertically. Undo the screw, and place to one side. The indicator is then only held in place by a plastic clip that comes off the indicator housing and butts up against the inside of the front wing, touching the panel itself nearest the outer edge of the headlamp. A long screwdriver placed on this clip, can be used to 'push' the indicator unit out through the hole in the front wing. Once you have done it, you can see how simple it is.

HTH

I did mine while changing over to the new headlights......you could always go to halfrauds buy some new ones and pay the £5 they charge for fitting.

At this point sit down with your chosen beverage and watch them work on your car

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: was at Halfords the other days to get some cutting discs and was watching the lad try and do a set of headlight bulbs and all i can say is :help: i had time to go in get my bits have a look at some new Speakers, pay then have a !Removed! outside and he was still scratching his head having a good look at what to do and that was a straight swap imagine me telling them the bumper needs to come off to do it :ffs: :toast: have you still got your old headlights?

Ref the chrome indicator bulbs,this is something I want to do too.Where did you get yours from?I know there are a lot on ebay as long as they are reputable sellers and decent bulbs.

bulbs are from Euro Car Parts. Ordered online, free delivery turned up next day and 25% off too :thumbsup:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/bulbs/interior-bulbs/?48177516s&0&cc5_201

Pins are offset, doddle to fit.

Bonnet up, a screw holds the indicator lamp into side bracket of the headlight. The screw is placed vertically. Undo the screw, and place to one side. The indicator is then only held in place by a plastic clip that comes off the indicator housing and butts up against the inside of the front wing, touching the panel itself nearest the outer edge of the headlamp. A long screwdriver placed on this clip, can be used to 'push' the indicator unit out through the hole in the front wing. Once you have done it, you can see how simple it is.

HTH

Thank you mate :thumbsup:

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: was at halfords the other days to get some cutting discs and was watching the lad try and do a set of headlight bulbs and all i can say is :help: i had time to go in get my bits have a look at some new speakers, pay then have a !Removed! outside and he was still scratching his head having a good look at what to do and that was a straight swap imagine me telling them the bumper needs to come off to do it :ffs: :toast: have you still got your old headlights?

Yes mate but have them on evil bay at the moment, due to end tomorrow, there are no bids yet and only a few people watching so unless they go for a decent sum I might just remove them from auction and use them as a project or summat???

O/t how much you looking for for your headlight stu?

If your willing to split I could do with the drivers side one.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: was at halfords the other days to get some cutting discs and was watching the lad try and do a set of headlight bulbs and all i can say is :help: i had time to go in get my bits have a look at some new speakers, pay then have a !Removed! outside and he was still scratching his head having a good look at what to do and that was a straight swap imagine me telling them the bumper needs to come off to do it :ffs: :toast: have you still got your old headlights?

Yes mate but have them on evil bay at the moment, due to end tomorrow, there are no bids yet and only a few people watching so unless they go for a decent sum I might just remove them from auction and use them as a project or summat???

thats what i was going to say i think you should have a go at separating them to see if it can be done so the insides can be painted lol :thumbsup:

Well.

The weekend came and went without a hitch. Really, really good fun. Anyone that thinks they might fancy a go, do it!

First entry into motorsport with my little old road car, came away with a Class win, a lovely trophy, more experience and a !Removed! big smile on my face :yahoo:

Just the one picture for now, will sort some more soon. Got a bit dark and cloudy late on as seen here, what you can't see is how much fun I was having.

IMG_1568-Copy.jpg

The series is really well ran, lovely bunch of friendly people and a brilliant atmosphere. Cheaper than a track day, with the element of competition thrown in, and the risk from other cars on the track removed.

Will really try and get involved again next season, would be brilliant to see a few more from here doing it too.

Congrats on the class win, have you got a link for rules and regulations on the series?

Here you go. http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5&p=7#p7

I was running in Class D - Street. Well worth it frankly, !Removed! good fun!

Race entry £120 for the one round, £5 for 'day' race licence, fuel and I paid a bit extra as I wanted the graphics on magnetic backings.

Not as much track time as a track day, but its a different kind of day to be fair. The element of competition makes it more exciting in my opinion, loved it!

Well.

The weekend came and went without a hitch. Really, really good fun. Anyone that thinks they might fancy a go, do it!

First entry into motorsport with my little old road car, came away with a Class win, a lovely trophy, more experience and a bloody big smile on my face :yahoo:

Just the one picture for now, will sort some more soon. Got a bit dark and cloudy late on as seen here, what you can't see is how much fun I was having.

IMG_1568-Copy.jpg

The series is really well ran, lovely bunch of friendly people and a brilliant atmosphere. Cheaper than a track day, with the element of competition thrown in, and the risk from other cars on the track removed.

Will really try and get involved again next season, would be brilliant to see a few more from here doing it too.

Congratulations on the win mate :yahoo:

Sounds like you had great fun :thumbsup:

Looking very nice!! Theres another green one on eBay currently.

What front splitter is that? I feel mines missing something on the front and this would be just the item it needs

Keep it up :)

Looking very nice!! Theres another green one on ebay currently.

What front splitter is that? I feel mines missing something on the front and this would be just the item it needs

Keep it up :)

Thank you!

The front splitter is the standard SR 2-piece part. I didn't notice if yours was missing it?

It is quite subtle but makes quite a difference visually I think.

Ye mines missing it, seeing yours now is making mine stand out a lot more!!! are these still available? i can see the bolt holes underneath, when you say its a two piece how does it split/fit?

yes lots of ideas coming from yours. mine definitely needs lowering!

I'm pretty sure that they are still available, possibly a special order part from Belgium though, check with your dealer. I modified a set to fit a friends Clio 182, looked really good. As far as I can remember, the two parts overlap slightly towards the centreline of the car. I'd go out and pop my head under the front of mine, but its blowing a hooligan here at work at the moment, don't fancy my chances out there!

They were a standard SR part specified by TTE as a 'port of entry' accessory part. All had them, so yours has either 'lost' them somehow, or perhaps has had a replacement bumper fitted at some time in its life?

Just my opinion, but if your going to lower it, get shocks that match any springs you get, the difference is night and day compared to just fitting lowered springs.

not a problem - i dont expect you to battle the elements for me :P do you remember roughly how much they were? im kind of expecting them to be expensive from the dealer...

theres scuffs to the bottom of the bumper which suggests it hasnt been on there a while, however none of the mounting holes or brackets are broken or damaged so at a guess its been removed by the previous owner, possibly bacise of a low drive way or something. its the original bumper as far as i can tell. full hpi showed nothing and id believe it to be true.

thanks for the pointer on the shocks. ill keep an eye out on eBay for a combined set - any particular ones that work well that wont cost the earth?

thanks for all your help :)

not a problem - i dont expect you to battle the elements for me :P do you remember roughly how much they were? im kind of expecting them to be expensive from the dealer...

theres scuffs to the bottom of the bumper which suggests it hasnt been on there a while, however none of the mounting holes or brackets are broken or damaged so at a guess its been removed by the previous owner, possibly bacise of a low drive way or something. its the original bumper as far as i can tell. full hpi showed nothing and id believe it to be true.

thanks for the pointer on the shocks. ill keep an eye out on ebay for a combined set - any particular ones that work well that wont cost the earth?

thanks for all your help :)

i can recommend the yellow koni`s, good for street and track use and good value for your money :thumbsup: