Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odo On Dashboard

Car_Clueless

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the world of Toyota, having just bought my first Yaris (secondhand 08 plate) not too long ago.

I've had the car for about a month or so. Just noticed on my dashboard a little blue/green light saying 'ODO' near the total mileage of the car. Am I being completely dumb and not realising that's always been there and is on all Toyotas?

When I press the right hand button for 'trip A' and 'trip B' the little ODO disappears, but when I click back to the mileage, it returns.

Hiya and welcome to the world of Toyota! Hope your stay is permanent haha!

Good choice of car; what engine have you opted for?

The feature you described is perfectly normal for the mk 2 Yaris, in that you either get the ODO, 'trip A' or 'trip B'. I like it that way, think its good having two trip metres. From what I've seen, other Toyota models feature two trip metres but unsure if these show a trip metre instead of the ODO when selected. Also not 100% certain if the mk 1 is the same but I imagine it probably is.

There's a little trick to it on your car; if you have the ODO displayed, with the sidelights/headlights on, holding down the button makes the dashboard binnacle illuminate brighter (day mode) as switching on the lights will normally dim the display for night driving. Handy if you need the lights on during the day

• Like 1

ODO is short for Odometer. That's what the mileage reading that tells you how many miles the car has travelled is actually called - its just a label to tell you that you have got the display set to "overall total mileage" and not one of the two trip mileage displays.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice and the tip.

I thought that was the case, that it was the labelling, but for some reason, I must have missed it until recently. Then I started freaking out thinking something was wrong! Ooops!

The engine is a 1.0,which isn't too bad, as I got a good price for it and it had only 4000 miles when I bought it. It struggles to go up hill sometimes! Which is a problem as I commute to Bath for work a lot, and there are a lot of hills! I like the car though, really spacious!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links