Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Should This Rubber Strip Be ?

forevered

after i got my car back from the dealer after a service and new water pump i had a bit of a look round the engine, and ive noticed a piece of black rubber folded down near the bottom hose into the radiator, its got a bit of a split in it where its folded over . when i unfold it , it comes up to about the hieght of the radiator with a C shape cut out of it which appears to let it tuck behind the silver air con pipe, its about an inch thick, and looks like it my just be for insulation

it appears to be attached to something at the bottom side of the radiator , so i dont want to pull to hard, incase its just insulation thats just meant to stand vertically at the left side of the radiator, trouble is everytime i unfold it upwards its just drops down again afer a drive. please will somebody tell me if its meant to be there, thanks

after i got my car back from the dealer after a service and new water pump i had a bit of a look round the engine, and ive noticed a piece of black rubber folded down near the bottom hose into the radiator, its got a bit of a split in it where its folded over . when i unfold it , it comes up to about the hieght of the radiator with a C shape cut out of it which appears to let it tuck behind the silver air con pipe, its about an inch thick, and looks like it my just be for insulation

it appears to be attached to something at the bottom side of the radiator , so i dont want to pull to hard, incase its just insulation thats just meant to stand vertically at the left side of the radiator, trouble is everytime i unfold it upwards its just drops down again afer a drive. please will somebody tell me if its meant to be there, thanks

your right it is meant to be there to help air through rad my petrol has the same i have removed this it was just stuck on