Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ra40 Help!

blackcat

I need a new set of rear brake cylinders & shoes for a 1977 Celica RA40.Unfortunately my local motor factors dont list these parts for this model anymore.However,I've been imformed that many other models share the parts and these components may well be continued under another Toyota model's parts list.

So if any of you kind sirs could advise me on where to look I'll be very grateful.thanks.

TA40 Celica coupes share the rear brake parts (unless you've got a GT in which case the shoes are a harder compound.

I bought a set of wheel cylinders just before Christmas for my 40 with no problems, maybe your factor isn't trying hard enough - the Blue Print part numbers are:-

Rear Shoes ADT34102

Cylinders ADT34403

'77 is early for a 40 - is it 'S' reg?

Thanks CelicaCity!

I get the impression that the motor factors wern't looking that hard.Now I have them part nos you've supplied I'll try again.Thanks.

Its a jet black '77 S reg liftback,my wife hates it and it is nicknamed "the cockroach"!

The car is absolutely solid due to ziebart treatment from new.

No problem

The reason I was interested in the reg is that the 'S' reg cars where usually dealer models and differ from all the other 40s in some of the small details, like having the word LIFTBACK on the panel between the front and rear windows, instead of CELICA.

Celicas usually took 5 - 9 months to get to the UK by sea, but the first 40 series where flown in, which means that they got here before the last 23s and 28s, which is why you see 'S' reg 40s and 'T' plate 23s and 28s!

There are very few left in really good condition, so its good to hear of another survivor. Be interesting to find out whcih dealer it came from.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links