Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locking Without Alarm

oakridge

We have been travelling to France three or four times each year for the last 10 years, formerly to see a client, but now we are retired to visit them, house sit and fettley their garden. The ferry ask you to lock the car without setting the alarm, but we had no idea how to achieve this with our previous Rover 75s or with the Prius. Can this be done with the Prius? An alarm did go off this time in the garage, but fortunately it was not us. There but for the Grace of God, as they say.

Malcolm

On the Gen 3 there is a switch by the interior light but as I remember this is not fitted on the Gen 2.

On the Gen 3 there is a switch by the interior light but as I remember this is not fitted on the Gen 2.

I believe that switch just does the interior movement (intruder)

I don't think there is a 'trembler' activation on the Prius like there is in BMW's etc. I know on the Isle of Wight ferries it's never my Prius that has the alarm going off so I don't think there's a problem :thumbsup:

Thanks for your re-assuring replies.

Malcolm

We have been travelling to France three or four times each year for the last 10 years, formerly to see a client, but now we are retired to visit them, house sit and fettley their garden. The ferry ask you to lock the car without setting the alarm, but we had no idea how to achieve this with our previous Rover 75s or with the Prius. Can this be done with the Prius? An alarm did go off this time in the garage, but fortunately it was not us. There but for the Grace of God, as they say.

Malcolm

If it is the same as my Gen3 then lock it with the mechanical key and the alarm is not set.

I frequently take my car across the channel, and disabling the interior sensor is what is required (most false alarms on the car deck are caused by the movement of loose items in the car during the crossing). According to page 117 of the manual, you do this in the Prius by turning the POWER switch OFF and pressing the intrusion sensor cancel switch which is located by the overhead interior light.

Thanks for the info Seamaster73. I have passed this on to Mrs Oakridge who actually does the driving.

Malcolm

Thanks for the info Seamaster73. I have passed this on to Mrs Oakridge who actually does the driving.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm.

Have just returned froma return trip to France, just lock the car with the key, no problem.

ColinEL

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links