Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrating Noise At Low Revs

PADDYLAD

I wonder if anyone can help. I have an SR180 and after a recent run to the "jewel of the East" (Skegness), I could hear a vibrating noise when I was at low revs in second, third and fourth. It has been doing it for a while but I just presumed it was the cold air in the winter or the mornings.

To discribe the noise, it sounds like like someone is behind the glovebox with a metal tea-tray with some pound coins on it and when the car is building up revs, the motion of the engine causes the pound coins to vibrate and and make a noise. It is vey difficult to discribe.

I have checked all over the car thinking that I have left a CD case in the door well or it is something in the glove box, I have even removed the things from the glovebox thinking it may be them and the noise still persists.

Has anyone else had the same problem, and if so how did you rectify it.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the curved bonnet hinge where it folds into the bulkhead mine was doing the same for ages until I noticed when I released the bonnet the Rattle stopped :rolleyes:

thers is a damper fitted to the glove box lid this may have come disconnected,see page 291 of handbook.or air con filter may be loose.page 291/292.

I had similar symptoms also. Noticed it when car was idling too. My culprit was the little plastic round air filter add on that fits over the intake and attaches to the metal body work of the car. The plastic clip that holds it in place was worn so it became loose this rattled. I just placed the clip and all is well.

Wastedagen,

Where is this air filter. I dont know where this is. I think this may be the culprit. On acceleration the car would be taking in air and it is not so apparent when the air is walmer. I have had a look and I cannot see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked my car in Thursday, and they asked me to bring it down on the Friday morning. The technician took it for a test drive and identified that there was a problem. They asked me to leave the car with them and they have completely sorted it, loose airbox. Whilst it was in they also cleaned the EGR valve. The car drives like it did when I brought it.

Fantastic service from Inchcape Toyota Burton upon Trent. Had Renaults before and this would have taken 3 weeks to sort out and all they would have done is the bare minimum to sort it.

Fantastic quick and friendly service.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links