Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Wing Mirror

Costa Del Solway

Met a big 4wd today that was incapable of staying on it's half of the road, it walloped my mirror and drove on. Popped into the dealer on the way home and they reckoned it needed replaced.

:crybaby:

and the cost

£434.92

Utterly amazed at that price, anybody any contacts for cheap parts???????????

Ouch. Do you have protected no claims? Might be worth a claim at that amount.

I've had one claim within the last year, so if I claimed again I would loose NCD.

Sounds like a rip off, SWMBO's had the same situation in her Gen 2, but the other driver stopped and offered to pay (didn't want to go through insurance) and it was around £230 at Pentagon Rotherham, including painting and fitting. The other driver was happy to pay (and paid up promptly) because she had a £400 excess on her insurance.

£434.92

Utterly amazed at that price, anybody any contacts for cheap parts???????????

Bad Luck Costa, my sympathies.

Just a point here, that when I viewed this post yesterday on another PC at the top of the page were three adverts concerning mirror repair and replacement firms.

I thought "funny" specially as your were asking for recommendations, guessed that you would see them.

However on my current PC the adverts don't appear !!!

Are we being targeted by big brother on this site from our inputs ?? :help2:

Scary Terry

I share your pain! That's a rip off no question. They were cheaper on my old A class.

It does sound excessive.

Are they the same on all models of Auris? Could you get one from a scrap yard and get it fitted and sprayed - seems a hassle but over £400 for a mirror is a big hit.

Mind you as I type I remember I paid £140 to get a small repair done on my wife's Auris after it had been keyed (only a few inches long) so perhaps you'll just have to pay the dealer and forget about it!

All the best,

David

Well, some bright spark in the local council allowed a bus terminus / garage to be located right next to a narrow railway bridge. About six months ago, the inevitable happened... I was part way through the gap when a bus swung out of the garage, kept coming and after an almighty bang, my driver's door mirror was pushed against the window and the glass was dangling by the wires with the bus disappearing into the distance. I turned straight into the garage to try to register my displeasure, but they weren't interested at all (I found out later that neither the bump, nor the reaction were uncommon).

Anyway, to the point - I was lucky as the mirror cover was not damaged, it only came adrift so I clicked it back on and the replacement glass cost £45 and was so quick and easy to replace, the local Mr. T fitted it for free.

£450 seems an awfully large amount of cash for a replacement mirror... Sorry... D.

After 6 diff probs with the car I have traded it in, cos I reckon it is jinxed.

Ordered a new i20 and overall the value was pretty much what I anticipated, got £16300 in current condition with the broken wing mirror. So that equates to £16,735 if I had got it repaired, nearly £4k drop in 8 months, and since a new car looses a chunk as soon as it hit's the road then the price seems reasonably fair.

So it's ta ta toyota :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After 6 diff probs with the car I have traded it in, cos I reckon it is jinxed.

Ordered a new i20 and overall the value was pretty much what I anticipated, got £16300 in current condition with the broken wing mirror. So that equates to £16,735 if I had got it repaired, nearly £4k drop in 8 months, and since a new car looses a chunk as soon as it hit's the road then the price seems reasonably fair.

So it's ta ta toyota :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best of luck with your next car :thumbsup:

David

• 2 weeks later...

That's a real shame but enjoy your i20... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave.

was that a electric folding mirror.my mirror ia a manuel folding.so may be cheaper to replace. always fold o/side mirror when putting car in garage.thought electric folding would be handy,now got second thoughts.the price you have been quoted is another toyota rip off.as said try a breakers for a better price.

• 7 months later...

Anyway, to the point - I was lucky as the mirror cover was not damaged, it only came adrift so I clicked it back on and the replacement glass cost £45 and was so quick and easy to replace, the local Mr. T fitted it for free.

£450 seems an awfully large amount of cash for a replacement mirror... Sorry... D.

I reckon the O / P must have been quoted for a complete price i,e mirror casing and glass. Still !Removed! pricey though :yes:

I too had to replace the o / s mirror glass on my Auris last year, after some tart in a red ford Ka travelling in the opposite direction swerved to avoid something whilst i was sat stationary in a queue and her mirror collided with mine resulting in little bits of glass flying into my drivers compartment as i had the window down on a warm summers day, she never even attempted to stop and she was gone before i could read her number plate, there are two types of electric mirror glass, heated and non heated , mine is the heated type which is more expensive than the non heated type, Mr T quoted me off the top of my head £89 to supply the part, i contacted Kingo ( parts King ) for a price and he quoted me a good saving including delivery, but at the end of the day and despite people stating that its easy to fit, i didn't have the bottle to attempt it and had the part fitted at Mr T at a total cost of £108 :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links