Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With Gt4 Wrc

rapid08

Hello people just bought myself a GT4 St205 WRC in need of some love! I love the car to bits already although I dont think my pocket will

Got a question which someone can hopefully answer for me, I hoping to take the gearbox out of the GT4 to do the rear main seal and I'm just wondering if I have to remove the engine aswell or if I can just get the box out? It looks like the box will come out of there but someone I know who has had tons of Jap cars said the engine has to come out!

Any advice will be great!

the clutch can be changed without removing the engine , but its a dogs leg of a job , as the exchange box / transfer box gets in the way . so the time you lose faffing on is the time taken to hoist the engine out i suppose .

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

brill thanks for the reply, got to admit I'm no looking forward to it but at least I have a ramp to do it on! :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

WelcOne to the forum, I'd highly recommend changing the clutch whilst your in there, not a fun job to do once let alone twice. If it's already supposedly got an uprated clutch I'd still change it and sell it on

Stab in the dark.... but did you by any chance buy that White WRC that recently appeared on eBay which required a new clutch?

Just that i saw that car and now i've seen this thread so im putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 lol

yep defo engine out. comes out the top as well fairly easily.

as said getting the box on after is a real pain in the rear.

shame you werent closer as i could do it for you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links