Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Too Chip Or Not Too Chip

A5STU

Hi all yes I'm a new member.

I really should have bought a hilux years ago as my old L200 could not return anymore than 28MPG.

Because of the mileage I do fuel economy is paramount to me and although I am over the moon with my 3.0 invincible returning an average of 36.65MPG I have been told that if I get my vehicle chipped it will take me to over 200BHP and also better fuel economy.

I know there are other chips on the Market but I would personally rather go for the genuine Toyota one.

Do any of you kind people out there have one fitted to your vehicle and can you more importantly confirm any more MPG?

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards

Stu

Stu

The 3.0 Hilux lends itself very nicely to a chip kit, it is the best bang for buck with that engine!

I can do you both types, our own, or a Toyota one, although I have no idea why anybody would pay £1000 for a Toyota one :rolleyes:

PM me if you want more details

Kingo :thumbsup:

Would it guarantee me more mileage kingo? Does it affect the engine or have any long term adverse affects on anything at all? I know nothing about engines mate so you will have to excuse my ignorance. Does anything else need upgrading to accommodate this chip and how it works? ie engine management etc

Stu

We can tell you what the chip will do performance wise, about 90 NM of extra torque, what we cant tell is how you drive, and the type of driving conditions you encounter, which all affect fuel consumption. The extra torque means you can use a lighter throttle, which is how you get better MPG

Nothing else needs upgrading, its all plug and play and off you go, there are no adverse problems fitting one

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

was wondering if anybody here would think this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hilux-VI-3-0-D-4D-171BHP-Chip-Tuning-Tuning-Box-/200541782925?_trksid=p5197.m1998&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17%26meid%3D1730804908932260372%26pid%3D100017%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D7%26

chip would be ok ? if not I would like to get hold of the 200bhp chip can anybody recommend where I can get my mits on one ?

• 1 month later...

I have chipped mine, using a genuine Toyota m-sport kit, yes it's not cheap, but it is plug and play, NO problems at all. Increase in performace, you bet, fuel economy just as it was. Worth doing, yes. Would I use an aftermarket devise that tries to con the ECU, or increase fuel pump pressure, no way. I also say that as a mechanic, knowing the resultand damage / problems from so called cheaper options.

• 1 month later...

I have chipped mine, using a genuine Toyota m-sport kit, yes it's not cheap, but it is plug and play, NO problems at all. Increase in performace, you bet, fuel economy just as it was. Worth doing, yes. Would I use an aftermarket devise that tries to con the ECU, or increase fuel pump pressure, no way. I also say that as a mechanic, knowing the resultand damage / problems from so called cheaper options.

many thanks for you advice :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links