Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Timing Belt Or Chain

woodywonka

Hello all

just new to this forum as i,m thinking of buying a 65k 55 diesel are there any issues with this model flywheel , when would you expect to do timing belt ( if it has one ) and as i,m buying from a dealer would I be better just getting them to do it ? never had a Toyota before or 4x4 so this is a whole new experience for me any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Woody

I asked the same question which im waiting on a reply. Although someone with the knowledge will confirm this but for my research on the net it looks like petrol is chain (after 2000), diesel in belt. But like i said i could be wrong

Hello all

just new to this forum as i,m thinking of buying a 65k 55 diesel are there any issues with this model flywheel , when would you expect to do timing belt ( if it has one ) and as i,m buying from a dealer would I be better just getting them to do it ? never had a Toyota before or 4x4 so this is a whole new experience for me any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Woody

Somebody else will be along to answer your belt/chain query, but I am sure this vintage and mileage of Rav falls perfectly into the era of DMF FAILURES, so have it well looked at and test driven, and Toyota dealer should be able to tell you all that has been done to it if it has a FTSH...(?)

Welcome t'club regardless, and if you're a member at Gleneagles, ah think you're one of our nicest new members.....if it's that other Perth....g'die mite.

Big Kev :lol:

Its not always easy to answer this without knowing which model rather than which mileage or year but

Petrols;

the Mk 1 RAV only had a petrol and has the 3FSE engine and an INTERFERANCE timing belt

all later models (Mk 2 or Mk 3) with a VVTi or later engine have a chain.

Diesels;

with a 2.0 litre D4D engine have a belt. This covers Mk 2 models up to 2006.

anything later than 2006 with a 2.2 D4D engine has a chain.

• Like 1

Hello all

Woody

Somebody else will be along to answer your belt/chain query, but I am sure this vintage and mileage of Rav falls perfectly into the era of DMF FAILURES, so have it well looked at and test driven, and Toyota dealer should be able to tell you all that has been done to it if it has a FTSH...(?)

Welcome t'club regardless, and if you're a member at Gleneagles, ah think you're one of our nicest new members.....if it's that other Perth....g'die mite.

Big Kev :lol:

Kev I drove past Gleneagles Yesterday... Dont look to shabby does it !!!! Mate Im an absolute beginner at this golfing malarky. But If You can stand a slasher among Ye ranks I would come over and have a game at some point if Your up for it ???

Thanks for the replies folks unfortunately i,m of the other ilk shooting :2guns: \fishing (why i want a 4x4 )and not rich enough to golf at Gleneagles. Tried it but after 5hrs at high heat :eat: i still kept breaking my teeth on those white things that you hit :crybaby: ,

whoever said it was right enough 'A good walk wasted' look forward to many chats on the forum and thx for the welcome

Woody

Thanks for the replies folks unfortunately i,m of the other ilk shooting :2guns: \fishing (why i want a 4x4 )and not rich enough to golf at Gleneagles. Tried it but after 5hrs at high heat :eat: i still kept breaking my teeth on those white things that you hit :crybaby: ,

whoever said it was right enough 'A good walk wasted' look forward to many chats on the forum and thx for the welcome

Woody

Woody A good walk wasted !! Wash Your mouth out with fully synthetic !!!I was of this opinion till I got a set of Ba.... Sorry Clubs !! But I am an absolute beginner ! I bet the offer of a game will fall on deaf ears though as The more Elite among Us may fear the beginners luck syndrome............... :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links