Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dark Forest Aygo On Its Way

m0nkey

Hi from an Aygo newbie!

I always join the forum for any new car I buy as they are amazing sources of information.

After seeing one in the flesh in my local Toyota dealership yesterday, I took the plunge ordered an Aygo Ice in Dark Forest.

I went for the Ice over the Go! as I already have a Sat Nav and will be replacing the Toyota head unit with my own Alpine one anyway.

I was offered the Supaguard for £150 by the dealer so I decided I would go for it at that price, if it had been much more I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I have a friend with a wheel/tyre shop that will sort me out alloys if I decide I want them. The leather/alcantara seats in the Ice are great too.

I look forward to contributing to the forum.

Chris

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Just had a call from the dealer, the car should be here on the 20th!!! :eek:

Can't believe how quick that is, have to hunt around to find the spare key for my part ex now :huh:

Nice! Welcome to the Club... please get some pictures up for us when the car arrives, We haven't got any of the Ice or the forest green colour on here yet!

Welcome! Yes pop some pictures up when it arrives, I think most of us on here haven't got a clue what the Forest Dark looks like properly!

Nice! Welcome to the Club... please get some pictures up for us when the car arrives, We haven't got any of the Ice or the forest green colour on here yet!

I put some pictures of our ice up but we chose silver.

my bad so u did! :thumbsup: you pop the ice cherry then... lets see who gets the forest cherry :P

Hi from an Aygo newbie!

I always join the forum for any new car I buy as they are amazing sources of information.

After seeing one in the flesh in my local Toyota dealership yesterday, I took the plunge ordered an Aygo Ice in Dark Forest.

I went for the Ice over the Go! as I already have a Sat Nav and will be replacing the Toyota head unit with my own Alpine one anyway.

I was offered the Supaguard for £150 by the dealer so I decided I would go for it at that price, if it had been much more I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I have a friend with a wheel/tyre shop that will sort me out alloys if I decide I want them. The leather/alcantara seats in the Ice are great too.

I look forward to contributing to the forum.

Chris

Firstly welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase. :thumbsup:

I concur with others tho. Please put some pics of the car when you get it please? The green Aygo is quite a rare species, in fact I have never seen one in the UK ever. Wonder if you will be the only one?

Anyway looking forward to seeing the green!

There's a 3dr one in the showroom in RRG Stockport if anyone local fancies a look at the colour. Seeing it in the flesh is what swung it for me, really liked it. They offered me £300 more for my part ex than another dealership too and the half price Superguard. Can't wait to find out my delivery date now...

Found my spare keys for my current car...in the front pouch of the Supaguard kit from my last car hehe.

The stupid thing is, I remember putting the keys in there on the day I picked the car up and so does my brother, but neither of us could remember that fact until AFTER I found them...doh!

Are you any wiser as to when your car will be with you yet? Guessing it's arriving at the dealer today? :)

Arrived at the dealers late yesterday and I've arranged to pick it up Monday as my salesman isn't working this weekend to do the handover. I have some stuff to shift this weekend so I can use my old car to sort that. Can't wait to pick it up though, this weekend will be torture hehe

Well...I am now the proud owner of my new Aygo, 8 days after placing the order :) I have to say that the service from RRG in Stockport has been great. My only niggle is that they do push the GAP a little bit too much. Initial observations:

• Love the colour, it moves from black to dark grey to the dark metallic green as the light changes and up close the metallic flake is stunning.
  • It turns on a sixpence and seems to require less of a turn of the wheel to go round the same corner as my previous car (Hyundai i10)
  • The sound system is better than I expected and the separation of the treble with the high level tweeters is pretty good. I will still be changing the head unit for my Alpine one and will no doubt swap the front Speakers out for some more accompished ones in due course.
  • The seats are lush, I love the leather/alcantara
  • Visibility is good all round
  • Parking is childs play, the flared rear arches make it really easy to judge your kerb gap when reversing in
  • It feels like a much bigger car than it is with the distance to the sloping windscreen
  • It's a bit noisy, the fan is a noisy bugger and the highest setting sounds like a 747 jet engine revving up
  • It looks hilarious next to all the big salloons in the car park at work when I look out the window :lol:

I promise I'll take some photos next time the sun is out, I'll take a few from differnt angles so you can see how the colour changes.

Chris

Well...I am now the proud owner of my new Aygo, 8 days after placing the order :) I have to say that the service from RRG in Stockport has been great. My only niggle is that they do push the GAP a little bit too much. Initial observations:

• Love the colour, it moves from black to dark grey to the dark metallic green as the light changes and up close the metallic flake is stunning.
  • It turns on a sixpence and seems to require less of a turn of the wheel to go round the same corner as my previous car (Hyundai i10)
  • The sound system is better than I expected and the separation of the treble with the high level tweeters is pretty good. I will still be changing the head unit for my Alpine one and will no doubt swap the front speakers out for some more accompished ones in due course.
  • The seats are lush, I love the leather/alcantara
  • Visibility is good all round
  • Parking is childs play, the flared rear arches make it really easy to judge your kerb gap when reversing in
  • It feels like a much bigger car than it is with the distance to the sloping windscreen
  • It's a bit noisy, the fan is a noisy bugger and the highest setting sounds like a 747 jet engine revving up
  • It looks hilarious next to all the big salloons in the car park at work when I look out the window :lol:

I promise I'll take some photos next time the sun is out, I'll take a few from differnt angles so you can see how the colour changes.

Chris

Wahey! Sounds good, the colour sounds very intriguing indeed! Please do get some pictures up when the sun's out!! :D Happy Aygoing!

I put in the mats yesterday and fitted the front mudguards. The rears I will do over the weekend.

The prices from the dealer were cheaper than eBay which was a big surprise, £29.99 for the genuine mats and £19/pr each for the mudguards.

Question: My drivers side footwell has two plugs for locating the mat but the mat only had one hole, has anyone else noticed this or have I been sold the wrong mats by the dealer?

Picking up the glove box lid tomorrow (so I will ask the dealer about the mats then too). I think it worked out about £1 dearer than the cheapest eBay one but saves me waiting for delivery and having to drive to a depot when I miss the parcel (which always happens as I am in a flat).

Also, the guy who has moved in upstairs in my flats is a mechanic at Peugeot, he's getting me a price (with his discount) for the rev counter/cowl/screw. Result B)

I put in the mats yesterday and fitted the front mudguards. The rears I will do over the weekend.

The prices from the dealer were cheaper than ebay which was a big surprise, £29.99 for the genuine mats and £19/pr each for the mudguards.

Question: My drivers side footwell has two plugs for locating the mat but the mat only had one hole, has anyone else noticed this or have I been sold the wrong mats by the dealer?

Picking up the glove box lid tomorrow (so I will ask the dealer about the mats then too). I think it worked out about £1 dearer than the cheapest ebay one but saves me waiting for delivery and having to drive to a depot when I miss the parcel (which always happens as I am in a flat).

Also, the guy who has moved in upstairs in my flats is a mechanic at Peugeot, he's getting me a price (with his discount) for the rev counter/cowl/screw. Result B)

The mats youve got are the right ones. i have the same in the aygo go ... the glove box lid is a piece of cake to fit as is the rev counter !

The prices from the dealer were cheaper than ebay which was a big surprise, £29.99 for the genuine mats and £19/pr each for the mudguards.

Picking up the glove box lid tomorrow (so I will ask the dealer about the mats then too). I think it worked out about £1 dearer than the cheapest ebay one but saves me waiting for delivery and having to drive to a depot when I miss the parcel (which always happens as I am in a flat).

Mine only have one hole, and I thought there was only one plug! I shall have to check though! But I reckon you've got the right mats :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links