Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control On E12 2006 1,6Vvti?

burkov

Awesome! Will try this asap. Many thanks Burkov! 

hello all members.

i have same corolla 2006 manual 1.6 petrol vvti.

i bought the cruise control and the clutch switch but the cruise control  doesnt fit in my steering wheel.

what can i do please?

On 1/31/2017 at 7:17 PM, oldcodger said:

Hi Burkov,

Many thanks indeed for coming back in, was not sure if you were even following the forum or had a rolla these days, since your last post in 2015.

Makes one wonder how they fitted the cruise control to the steering wheel type thats fitted on our 2006 models, have only seen a crude diagram in the handbook, not an actual photo showing it on the wheel.

Did ask the local Mr.T for the parts price or if they would actually do a retro fit criuise control, but no, they don't do things like that  on such old cars ( in so many other words)

Would have though one of those spare socket holes  on the steerring wheel might be for the signal, but have not been able to find any wiring diagram showing the steering wheel connectors or the CCS pin on the ECU for our 2006 uk model.

Seems you can buy the Toyota copy stalks for under a tenner on ebay  these day and have found this chart showing the ladder resistance readings, wonder if these are the same as what you made up or if different models use difference values ?

How / where did  you  attach your stalk,  to the wheel ?

What I have just been looking at is fitting one of these 35mm diameter navigation switches to the blank plastic cover on the right hand side of the wheel , opposite the audio controls, using a smaller pcb to mount it on.

If you could find the right pin on the ECU for the CCS input it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

000178.jpg

000181.jpg

000179.jpg

where to find a switch like second one please? the first one doesnt suite my corolla 3zzfe E12u year 2006 steering wheel too

4 hours ago, igius12 said:

where to find a switch like second one please? the first one doesnt suite my corolla 3zzfe E12u year 2006 steering wheel too

You can buy those switches from Farnells as a kit or ready made module.

http://uk.farnell.com/mec/navikitth30wl/switch-kit-spno-blue/dp/1390525

http://uk.farnell.com/mec/9509136118/switch-module-black-with-legends/dp/1390595

However you will have to add you own resistors, which are inbuilt with the proper stalks.

I have decided not to fit one of those switches to the steering wheels  right hand blank cover , if  there was an accident it would be a very obvious non standard modification and it would probably invalidate any insurance claim.

1 hour ago, oldcodger said:

You can buy those switches from Farnells as a kit or ready made module.

http://uk.farnell.com/mec/navikitth30wl/switch-kit-spno-blue/dp/1390525

http://uk.farnell.com/mec/9509136118/switch-module-black-with-legends/dp/1390595

However you will have to add you own resistors, which are inbuilt with the proper stalks.

I have decided not to fit one of those switches to the steering wheels  right hand blank cover , if  there was an accident it would be a very obvious non standard modification and it would probably invalidate any insurance claim.

can you show a photo please how does it seem in your car?

what about the clutch switch, does toyota have the wire already to connect it near clutch pedal? im afraid not

19 minutes ago, igius12 said:

can you show a photo please how does it seem in your car?

what about the clutch switch, does toyota have the wire already to connect it near clutch pedal? im afraid not

No, as I said, decided not to fit one of those switches, have not fitted anything yet.

Have not looked for the clutch switch wire either....

ah ok , anyone who succed can show us a photo and give info? thanks

Look at the first page mate.

1 hour ago, burkov said:

Look at the first page mate.

hello, i already red the first page. my question are:

1: a photo where did you attach you cc and the wires of cc going inside the steering wheel

2: is there a wire already near clutch pedal to mount the clutch switch cause i already bought the clutch switch on eBay??

3: can we mount some kind of buttons for cc in the right part of steering wheel like we have the radio control on left?

PS. i have the same steering wheel as yours , manual 1.6 toyota e12u 3zz-fe

i checked my car today and no wire came from ecu to the clutch pedal. its difficult now :(

Mine doesn't have the wire too. It should be going trough the speedo and from there to the pedal, but mine dont.

So i connected a wire directly to the ecu. There is a picture on the first page.

1 hour ago, burkov said:

Mine doesn't have the wire too. It should be going trough the speedo and from there to the pedal, but mine dont.

So i connected a wire directly to the ecu. There is a picture on the first page.

how to connect through the speedo please? where is the speedo?

how to connect directly to the ecu? where did you place the button to deactivate?

On 4/14/2017 at 10:48 PM, burkov said:

Sorry i wasnt clear enought.

I dont have a clutch switch, so i have to provide a switched positive to the red-white cable for the ecu. I used a 12 volt positive from the fuse box. The idea is that you fool the ecu that the clutch is not pressed. When pressed you loose the positive to the ecu and the cc is stoped. The thing is with a constant positive to the ecu when you press the clutch and the cc is on it will increase the rpm, but the cc will still be on. If you can, instal a switch to clutch, but i didn't have at the time of installation ant to be honest i dont see any trouble this way.

For the cc switch you have two wires. One is ground and the other is red-yellow going to the steering wheel. I have a plug so its easier to disconnect if necessary:

20170414_192157.jpg

Here is the ECU pin to connect to:

i2ufqd.jpg&key=0f745850f4795fcf4c1ba0b8d

5xvmh0.jpg&key=15fa75dd9d4ada6ffd2ff4515

And again, please read the first page. I've written everything there.

thanks but i dont understand this. i will ask my mechainics

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, burkov said:

i installed the cluch switch today. nothing happened. maybe wrong wire placement, and still after,  a strange sound from the brake pedal like wheespering.

here are the screenshots of my cruise control installation

any idea?

1 orgjinal.jpg

2 origjinal.jpg

3 monted.jpg

4 mounted.jpg

have i installed wright the cc?

Did you have a plug for the clutch switch?

If not, what did you connected it to?

• Like 1

I just connected the wires to the clutch, 1 wire from the red ecu and 1 wire ground. didnt mount the clutch. It activates and deactivates the cruisewhen i press it. Maybe i installed wrong cables to the cc in the steering wheel. Did you see my photos? Is it correct?

Cruise displayed in the lcd but doesnt accept any comand except on off

ok , i went to the mechanics again today.

i installed the cc without opening the steering wheel and aibags but only from under steering wheel where the cables are, like burkov explained. Cruise displayed in the lcd ok but dont function.

then i installed the clutch like burkov explained, but here i think there is the problem. the red yellow wire from the ecu like in burkov picture doesnt supply the switch with 12 volt power. i measured the wire with an ampermetter. this wire gives 0 voltage.

any help burkov? 

thanks

You have to supply that red wire with positive +12v :)

Just make sure, this is the right wire, because a wrong +12 might kill your ECU.

• Like 1

ok, i didnt do it, i gave no 12v supply. thank you so much for the support

Hello, i just made it working with burkov help. Thank you. Now my only concerne is to find the correct cruise control to fit in my steering wheel or outside it cause the original one doesnt fit inside my steering....

On 1/31/2017 at 4:51 PM, burkov said:

Hi oldcodger,

I had to pull a new cable from the ECU to the steering coloumn. I dont remeber the exact pin, but i can check it later this week.

The ground cable is connected anywhere you find it comfortable, i connected it to the steering colomn.

I did not use a original CC stalk, i used an old peugeot 206 music stalk and connected the resistors to it. It has exactly 4 options, so works ok for me.

s-l300.jpg

is it not sufficient to just connect the 2 wires? what resistors?