Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Erratic Accelerator !

UK Republic

Anyone else had problems with the accelerator where it over revs more than you intend it to and then its very slow to get back down to idle speed again, it seems like a software malfunction is delaying the signal, any comments?

if its not the mats as Daveyonthemove suggest then you could try resetting the ecu by disconnecting the Battery for 10 mins.

has he car had the pedal recall mod done.you can ckeck with any Mr T who will check on the data base for you.

• Like 1

Good advice.

I would do the following in this order.

Check mats are fitted correctly and retained by the hooks.

If they are, reset the ECU and monitor the throttle.

Contact Toyota with your VIN number and ask about any recalls.

If this is for about half a second when moving ONLY then this is normal. Means if you blip the throttle whilst coasting it accelerates and slows down smoothly rather than jarring you in the seat ;)

I noticed this when I took the car for a test drive and made comment to the salesman who said nothing.I find it quite hard to start from a stand still as I either give it too little revs or it flies up as you said.I also find it idles at about 600 rpm and you can't hear the engine.

I noticed this when I took the car for a test drive and made comment to the salesman who said nothing.I find it quite hard to start from a stand still as I either give it too little revs or it flies up as you said.I also find it idles at about 600 rpm and you can't hear the engine.

that the same idle speed as my 1.6,yes its very quiet,so the only way is to feel the bite of the clutch.first gear.and come to that second gear is too.

coming off a diesel driving for many years,it took a bit of gettting used to,and i stalled several times,and as the car has button smart start,i was getting in a pickle a few times restarting,wished a few times it had a key.

as ive said i feel for the bite of the clutch then increase the revs at the same time releasing the clutch (without slipping the clutch),i put the car into second gear almost as soon as its rolling.its very easy put on more revs than you need when pulling away.

Sounds similar to my problem. Very slow throttle response, racing revs when changing gear resulting in wasted revs and therefore wasted fuel. My Toyota (supplying) dealer says this is normal and I will get used to it. If this is 'normal' and cannot be fixed I shall get rid of the car. It's driving me mad. I've checked the mats. Will ask about recall.

• 11 months later...

Similar experiences to my 59 Auris TR 1.6i - very quiet idle of 600-800 revs, can't hear it. And the revs almost seem delayed when I press the peddle. I'm used to driving an old diesel van with a mechanic pedal (and an old Micra with the same mechanical pedal) - these new cars seem to have a pedal on a sensor which isn't as responsive...? Have stalled a few times because of this. And also is the little blip in revs when changing up gears normal? The revs do not fall immediately when I take my foot off the accelerator and depress the clutch. In fact most times there is a little blip where the revs increase and drop a second later (by then I've already done my gear change and the clutch is on its way out to engage the next gear). Is this normal or is it a problem? Another thread I found seems to report it as normal but would rather have a few more opinions.

Other than that, I really love our Auris.

Lettuce

My dad has a 1.6 tr and it does the same thing,i did look through a few old posts about this and some seem to say its some sort of emissions control measure,the blip of revs burns any excess full in the system when accelarating fairly fast.

Also just test driven the new yaris and its the 1.33 and does the exact same thing,a small blip of over rev like you havent lifted of the pedal fully but your foot is right off.

I dont really like that as it seems like you cant drive properly but i think it must be a new feature or quirk of the new breed of toyota engines.

phil

I think I am having the same problem with you, Did you try to adjust it?

Further to my original post i took it to Johnsons Liverpool last year to have this checked and was told the tech had taken it around the block and he found it to be normal, I thought he would have checkeds for software problems or updatee not just give his opinion.

I had the car serviced last month ( comments in the service thread ) and i mentioned this again and was told they had checked it with diagnostics and again was normal but its still the same, eg ropey, i had a sport Clio with the same system and that had pin sharp responses, they didn't want to know that! You just cant get any sense or commitment from these people, they fob you off with " It's normal" I suspect thats because they have no idea what they are talking about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links