Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4Efte Conversion

ratzG6

Hi, im thinking of putting the 4efte in my corolla g6. Is there anyone who has done this before? And other than ecu, wiring loom, intercooler, exhaust and manifold and of course the engine is there anything else i will need.

Not sure if it requires a better clutch and flywheel? Thanks for any help.

well a g6 is a 6 speed yea?

you will only want a 5 speed box so see what clutch come with the engine/box (some lad are even putting in 4 speed boxes from gt turbos as they are meant to have a better range and stronger box).

you seem to have listed everything you need but dont think iav seen an E11 turbo so not sure how much work is involved.

theres an 89 saloon for sale over here with a turbo engine, sleeper if ever i seen one B)

I know hardly anything about engine conversions other than that I have heard the E11 turbo has infact been done with a 4EFTE.

From what I remember it is advised to relocate and have a FMIC and apprarently the Corrolla driveshafts should be replaced for stronger ones...

I know hardly anything about engine conversions other than that I have heard the E11 turbo has infact been done with a 4EFTE.

From what I remember it is advised to relocate and have a FMIC and apprarently the Corrolla driveshafts should be replaced for stronger ones...

well he said already that he was going to use a 4efte engine.

using a fmic is always the better option as gets alot more air in compaired to top mount.

as for driveshafts, not sure about sizes or splines but i would imag if the 1.3 and 1.6 use the same shaft then it should be able for the power ?

Thanks for help. Ill be gettin a fmic anyway cos it does the part aswel ;)

i just need to look into the driveshafts and clutch then really? I dont want to do anything on the cheap anyway want to make sure its all right cos its guna be a beaut :) thanks lads

• 3 weeks later...

iv done a 4efte conversion into my corolla (1993)

You have the G6, which means that its the 4efe 6 speed right?

im using my original corolla gearbox and driveshafts. you can use the 6 speed (i know 2 people using this on a 4efte with no problems, hoping to get one soon for my own car too)..

you have to use a turbo clutch and flywheel...

you can use the corolla engine mounts..

id recommend a Front mount intercooler

You will need a custom exhaust making too, as the cat comes off the turbo it ends at the north to south bar, so you have to customise the exhaust and cat (decat)..

A thicker radiator isnt a must but would be better as the corolla one is very thin compared to the GT or glanza one

if you need any other info let me know... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 89 corolla sedan with a 4efte. bought it with the conversion already done but can help with anything that I know of.

Worth doing tho, alot of fun. has garret turbo, running 10 psi, bigger injectors, fuel pump, etc etc ... light weight rims wrapped in 205's all sitting on adjustables. sticks to the road like **** to a blanket.

Had alot of type r's (civic's/integra's) pull up and have a little giggle to them selfs . but all bad news for them when I floor it in 2nd :thumbsup:

sounds like a great project man best of luck with it

• 8 years later...

Hi guys! Anyone here yet?

23 minutes ago, frankieflowers77 said:

Hi guys! Anyone here yet?

Not on this 9 year topic.

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2011 at 1:46 AM, miib14 said:

iv done a 4efte conversion into my corolla (1993)

You have the G6, which means that its the 4efe 6 speed right?

im using my original corolla gearbox and driveshafts. you can use the 6 speed (i know 2 people using this on a 4efte with no problems, hoping to get one soon for my own car too)..

you have to use a turbo clutch and flywheel...

you can use the corolla engine mounts..

id recommend a Front mount intercooler

You will need a custom exhaust making too, as the cat comes off the turbo it ends at the north to south bar, so you have to customise the exhaust and cat (decat)..

A thicker radiator isnt a must but would be better as the corolla one is very thin compared to the GT or glanza one

if you need any other info let me know... :thumbsup:

Hello. I would love to have information as I will SWAP a 4efte into my E11 Corolla soon. I read your post. I just need more details to help my mechanic find the right parts and reduce errors.

44 minutes ago, frankieflowers77 said:

Hello. I would love to have information as I will SWAP a 4efte into my E11 Corolla soon. I read your post. I just need more details to help my mechanic find the right parts and reduce errors.

That would be a NO as the OP posted 4 times and hasn't been back since May 2011

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links