Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go! Sat Nav Issues

Wh1teLeopard

Just thought I'd share some issues I've been having, see if anyone else has experienced the same or similar problems.

I'm now on my 2nd unit, but it still has issues.

- 1st unit -

- USB playback -

At the end of a song it would stick from time to time, you'd have to press TRACK UP to get it to play the next song

It would randomly stop playing the music

If you skipped back, then forward to get to the start of the song it would cut it short and not play it all

- Generally -

After just 4 months the whole thing stopped working properly, you'd press on the screen and it would select something else

This meant you'd get stuck in menus and never be able to get out

You couldn't select anything on the screen, destinations, music preferences, nothing.

- 2nd unit -

- USB playback -

All of the above with the 1st unit

Once it stopped playing the music, just showed a blank screen, finally got it back on, and now it has the title and artist mixed up. I'm still trying to remedy this strange problem.

I find it very irritating how unreliable they are, but have to say my local dealership are VERY helpful. One chap in particular there seems to go out of his way to help me out. I was also very pleased that when I had my new unit I just clicked a few buttons on the TomTom Home software package and it restored everything from my last one such as things I'd paid for like voices and so on.

Anyone else have any issues, are these little SatNavs riddled with bugs, or have I just been unlucky twice?

I cant speak for anyone else, but mide has worked fine, no issues from usb, ipod, cd radio leaks etc

Just thought I'd share some issues I've been having, see if anyone else has experienced the same or similar problems.

I'm now on my 2nd unit, but it still has issues.

- 1st unit -

- USB playback -

At the end of a song it would stick from time to time, you'd have to press TRACK UP to get it to play the next song

It would randomly stop playing the music

If you skipped back, then forward to get to the start of the song it would cut it short and not play it all

I don't have a Go! with the satnav, but the USB playback issue could be something to do with a particular mp3 file bit rate or file property. I have had mp3 players/phones before that didn't like tracks that were encoded at a certain bit rate or that had file properties that it didn't like. It might be worth just having a closer look at some of the tracks you are playing through it.

If you did a restore from your previous unit, could it not be that you also restored the problem-files onto your new unit?

Just as Duce said, some MP3's can seriously mess up playback on all sorts of devices.

End if the TomTom-app got updated too it also might be part of your problem!

I have the Go and noticed the warning noises have gone ? i think i might have played around too much with the settings tho, also the random fits of going onto night view then day view.

i use a ipod nano 6th gen for my music not usb and havent experienced any problems.

Had my carbon quartz Go AC now a couple of months and just love it, no problems at all. Have all my music on usb stick with no problems. My only difficulty is getting my mobile linked up with blue tooth. The only phone I can get to work is an old Motorola raz 3.

Have had no problems with my unit..have used both usb and ipod connection. What size usb device are you using??? iirc the max it can read is 6 or 8gb. if your using a larger drive,prehaps this may be causing your trouble...

I got my Go several days after yours i believe and its been fine and i use it a lot. I occasionally get the unit to crash but i think its down to the fact my Ipod is older than earth itself.

If you look on the underside of the tomtom head unit there is a small hoel insert a paperclip in this (ithink resets the unit to the factory settings )

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links