Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Go-Er!

MissLB

Hi

Just wanted to say Hi and thankyou, i've been reading all your reviews and posts on your Aygo's and they helped me in purchasing my new Aygo Go! AC. I ordered it and paid my deposit last night and am so excited!! i was originally looking at getting the new fiesta or a an astra hatchback (a few years old), but i wanted all the mod cons and it was just getting silly price for the fiesta then i heard the aygo advert on the radio and thought i cant believe i overlooked it.

I did look at the Aygo blue a few years ago when a friend was looknig at them and i was very tempted to look at getting one when i had paid my car off which was a Mini Cooper S JCW but i ended up writing it off :(

So the aygo never happened, i paid silly amount for the mini just shy of 18k cos of all the added extras it was a used top of the range model (i was young and naive!!) so i lost a lot of money between insurance payout and what was left on finance so wasnt in a position to buy another new car and the GAP insurance had expired by 5 months at time of write off!! I was still with my ex at the time and he had just got his company car so he let me drive his Honda S2000 and told me not to bother with a car until I had paid the remaining finance off.

Unfortunately (well not unfortunately) we split up and then i was left car-less, because i needed a car for work i bought what i thought was a bargain from someone i knew, a 53 plate ford focus which i was going to keep for a while cos i thought it was a fab little car for what i had paid. i found out since buying it the car was Cat C i wasnt told this and now the MOT is due and a lot needs to be done on it such as wheel bearing, brakes and i was wanting to look at a used car but with these factors i decided to go for it now and the deals they have on the new cars i thought i was daft not too! So im now going to be the owner of a brand spanking new Aygo Go! 5dr AC in Carbon Quartz!! and I can't wait!!

I opted out of the GAP insurance i have found one on the net with GAP direct anyone dealt with them?? I know some people say they arent worth the paper there written on has anyone else got GAP insurance not from Toyota and recommend it or is the GAP just not worth it full stop???

Sorry for the long post i talk far too much!!

Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

At least you've got a decent car now ;)

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Gap insurance is your choice, haggle with the guy at Toyota, you can get it cheaper on the net!

Hi

Just wanted to say Hi and thankyou, i've been reading all your reviews and posts on your Aygo's and they helped me in purchasing my new Aygo Go! AC. I ordered it and paid my deposit last night and am so excited!! i was originally looking at getting the new fiesta or a an astra hatchback (a few years old), but i wanted all the mod cons and it was just getting silly price for the fiesta then i heard the aygo advert on the radio and thought i cant believe i overlooked it.

I did look at the Aygo blue a few years ago when a friend was looknig at them and i was very tempted to look at getting one when i had paid my car off which was a Mini Cooper S JCW but i ended up writing it off :(

So the aygo never happened, i paid silly amount for the mini just shy of 18k cos of all the added extras it was a used top of the range model (i was young and naive!!) so i lost a lot of money between insurance payout and what was left on finance so wasnt in a position to buy another new car and the GAP insurance had expired by 5 months at time of write off!! I was still with my ex at the time and he had just got his company car so he let me drive his Honda S2000 and told me not to bother with a car until I had paid the remaining finance off.

Unfortunately (well not unfortunately) we split up and then i was left car-less, because i needed a car for work i bought what i thought was a bargain from someone i knew, a 53 plate ford focus which i was going to keep for a while cos i thought it was a fab little car for what i had paid. i found out since buying it the car was Cat C i wasnt told this and now the MOT is due and a lot needs to be done on it such as wheel bearing, brakes and i was wanting to look at a used car but with these factors i decided to go for it now and the deals they have on the new cars i thought i was daft not too! So im now going to be the owner of a brand spanking new Aygo Go! 5dr AC in Carbon Quartz!! and I can't wait!!

I opted out of the GAP insurance i have found one on the net with GAP direct anyone dealt with them?? I know some people say they arent worth the paper there written on has anyone else got GAP insurance not from Toyota and recommend it or is the GAP just not worth it full stop???

Sorry for the long post i talk far too much!!

Hey there Miss LB !

Welcome to TOC -

great to see another Aygo driver from down the road in Yorkshire.

Where abouts have you bought the AYGO from? I bought mine from Benfield Toyota Leeds. Im assuming you've bought yours from Pentagon Sheffield ? i got my gap directly from Toyota for 160 on the day i was picking the car up so really banter with them.

What colour Aygo go have you gone for ?

Next time your at meadowhall we can go on a right Aygo cruise haha .. :toast:

:D I've gone for the the Carbon Quartz (charcoal grey).

No definitely better car at least this one won't conk out on me in the cold and snowy weather (i hope) lol.

Well i told them i found the GAP insurance for £89 (GAPDirect) but the salesman said there was no way they could match it (think they could if they wanted to)considering they were trying to get me to pay 10688 for a new one but i'd seen on the Toyota website they were being advertised as 9850 OTR for exact one i've ordered so printed the quote from the internet off went back in and spoke to them the sales manager sorted it and chucked in the supaguard for free. HAPPY DAYS!! roll on next friday!! no not from pentagon from Gordon Lamb Toyota!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

:D I've gone for the the Carbon Quartz (charcoal grey).

No definitely better car at least this one won't conk out on me in the cold and snowy weather (i hope) lol.

Well i told them i found the GAP insurance for £89 (GAPDirect) but the salesman said there was no way they could match it (think they could if they wanted to)considering they were trying to get me to pay 10688 for a new one but i'd seen on the Toyota website they were being advertised as 9850 OTR for exact one i've ordered so printed the quote from the internet off went back in and spoke to them the sales manager sorted it and chucked in the supaguard for free. HAPPY DAYS!! roll on next friday!! no not from pentagon from Gordon Lamb Toyota!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

No probs ! if you need any advise or help with sorting anything out the forum is an amazing place to go for it! if you need any help with parts or extra bits for the aygo then let me know!

Will look out for the new "Go" round Sheffield. (Chapeltown).

Mine is the shiniest Carbon Quartz 07 plate in the area.

Ian.

Hey MissLB - Congrats on the new Aygo purchase!

I know this is a an Aygo forum and there is a tad of bias, but the Aygo really is a funky car, so hope you love it as much as we all do!

Carbon Quartz was my 2nd choice and is a fab colour. Only the Black was such a good deal I could not say no.

I got the heavy sell for the GAP insurance too, and for some people they swear by it, but I am not convinced personally. I have covered this before so won't go into it right now. However if you do go for it, one thing people always forget is that the GAP insurace provider must agree with the valuation of your car by your own insurance company. If they differ, I have heard people still being short changed. And before you ask, the insurers don't or won't speak to the Gap insurer to agree a valuation - so you have be mediator banging their heads together. :bangin:

Another point to consider is that should you write your car off in the first year, most insurance policies will replace Old for new - unless you are crazy and want something else. Therefore imho, the GAP insurance is worthless in the first year.

Those are my thoughts anyway and I am sure others will no doubt disagree with me.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum and remember to post some pics of the little un when you get it. :thumbsup:

Be weary of your services at Gordon Lamb Sheffield! There friendly enough but very sloppy! Customer of there's for 5 Years but now at Pentagon Rotherham. Far more professional!

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: I had GAP insurance on a RAV4 a few years back, i was offered at purchase by the Toyota salesman but like you also bought it from GAP direct on their website.

I bought my go about 2 months ago. I got free GAP insurance and free supaguard. I also got some AYGO mats, they were a must! Just ask and see what you get, its a buyers market! :thumbsup: enjoy, its a great car, i have the same colour!

Welcome, hope you like the car. Let us know what you think of it compared to your other cars :-)

Welcome to the club! This is one of the cheapest cars I ve ever run. Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

P.s Please dont write this one off. lol