Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser Tails Lights Don't Work

Patbrown

Hello

I have a 2004 LC5. Tail lights have stopped working, although I have all brakes lights, rear fog, indicators and licence plate lights. Have checked the book for fuse details, and seems the related fuse is 10A situated 3rd one down on the right side of the fuse box. Fuse looked OK but changed it anyway. Still no lights.

Owners manual said that fuse handled all tail lights, so as its only the lights themselves and everything else works, I am not sure what to do now.

Have not looked at changing the bulbs as thought would be odd for them all to go at smae time?

Thanks in advance, Pat

Tried the fuses and changing the bulbs, but nothing

Reverted the technical gently tap each light, and guess what.........

They both came on!

Loose connection somewhere but for now it will do.

Bizarre............

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Its very common for the earths on the rear of the bulb holders to corrode heavily and fall off. If you look under the bumper up behind the light clusters it will be easy to see if this is the case ( white wires with black trace wiil be loose ).

• 10 years later...

Hi Pat, on my LC3 2005, I have the same problem in addition my license plate is off too. I think you were lucky, as I think my issue is more to the relay. I did some search and I think relay is on the back side of the fuse panel which is hard to access. 

Any recommandation before I open panels to get to relay? 

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links