Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1995 Rav4 Automatic 5Door

CY Dave

Just new to the forum and sorry if this is a repeat but did search and could not find what I was looking for which is an owners manual for a 1995 Rav 4 Automatic 5dr.

This is a Japanese import to Cyprus and has no book at all with it and I am unsure about the buttons on the dashboard (Manu & PWR) read somewhere on here that PWR changes the shift points on the automatic box but what is MANU.

How do I get the rear seats to fold down completely. There seems to be two holes at the back of the rear seats which I presume is for the head rests but how do you unlock the seats to fold.

The roads out here are terrible and the suspension has been well abused so seems a bit hard and clunky. Any ideas as how to soften this up or what to look for on the suspension which might indicate whether this is worn and needs replacement.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me (This is my first Rav so any pointers are welcome)

Just new to the forum and sorry if this is a repeat but did search and could not find what I was looking for which is an owners manual for a 1995 Rav 4 Automatic 5dr.

This is a Japanese import to Cyprus and has no book at all with it and I am unsure about the buttons on the dashboard (Manu & PWR) read somewhere on here that PWR changes the shift points on the automatic box but what is MANU.

How do I get the rear seats to fold down completely. There seems to be two holes at the back of the rear seats which I presume is for the head rests but how do you unlock the seats to fold.

The roads out here are terrible and the suspension has been well abused so seems a bit hard and clunky. Any ideas as how to soften this up or what to look for on the suspension which might indicate whether this is worn and needs replacement.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me (This is my first Rav so any pointers are welcome)

Hello Dave and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Not sure about your other questions but as to the suspension being hard and clunky, have you checked the springs as these do break and at the age of your RAV it is quite likely.

Others will be along to give a deffinitive answer to your MANU/PWR questions but here is a LINK to responses to a similar question on RAV4World.

The rear seats fold up by pulling on a short narrow belt pull at the rear of the seats usually on the floor at the back corners of the seats. The rear back cushion will fold forward by pulling the reclining strap and pulling the cusion forward.

Suspension - first would be to check the rear diff mount. Fill it with silicon to stiffen it a bit. Check all suspension joints and steering joints. Tighten rear axle nut to the torque setting its meant to be ...I have it somewhere.

The tyre pressure is meant to be about 26psi. I don't think theres a lot of room to fit oversize tyres (may rub on full lock).

Check the centre diff bush - if its worn then it will produce good clunks. Simple just to try wobbling propshaft up and down.

The front springs were a recall item on 1995 RAvs as the springs broke. Check all the springs - they usually break near the ends. If the fronts are broken, speak to a dealer who can check if your car was involved.

Ffound the seat release its inside the rear passenger doors just below the squab at the side. Will check all springs and suspension joints and diff mountings.

Thanks for all the suggestions and will check all this out. The tyres were at 40psi so ride would be a bit firm. Car is a Japanese import into Cyprus so doubt if there was a recall on the springs but as I said will check these.

Thanks again for all the help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links