Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sump Plug

Uber_Luke

Does anyone know the size of the sump plug on a t sport.

Changing the oil this week and I want to fit a magnetic sump plug. The one I'm watching on eBay says:

Fits

Toyota engines with 12mm-1.25 plug

But I know from previous purchases it might not be the case with the 2zzge engine.

Cheers luke

I think it is a 12mm size spanner needed mate :thumbsup:

Sorted!! Thanks

All toyota are 14mm trust me

Yeah ive just got back in from checking mine, which is a 14mm, Sorry Luke my mistake.

Once I had said it was 12mm it didnt feel right

beware of the eBay ones mate, I Installed on for my old MR2 and it rounded in the sump when taking it out, these are made with very poor material!

Just my experience.

Toyota bolts are JIS spec not ISO,

So an M8 is usually 13mm spanner size if you are using ISO standard, I think they are 12mm or 14mm in JIS.

The screw pitch is also critical because you can have metric fine and metric coubik. Metric Coubik is the general standard across the world but there are a lot of fine pitch threads on corollas, the alternator springs to mind.

• 9 years later...
35 minutes ago, BelEnd said:

Hi can someone tell me if this is the right one? 

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/sump-plug-333820021

spanner size is 11.5 but thats wrong?

This one says spanner size 14?

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/116to0010

Thank you.

Why don't you pop into a dealer and pick up the correct one? Or have one posted to you?

14 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Why don't you pop into a dealer and pick up the correct one? Or have one posted to you?

Parts-King will do that for you. He is the parts king for a main Toyota dealer, the dealershiip I use.

7 hours ago, Parts-King said:

So hard to get some simple info really...i rang the toyota delarship and he didnt know the size either. Both the parts above after putting my REG in both websites

You don't need to know the size, go in and buy one, the head size is immaterial. The thread size will be correct if you buy a genuine one, the thread size is the only thing that matters really  

The Toyota dealership guy you spoke to doesn't need to know the size, he probably just knows the part number.  You don't need to know the size either, just order it from Toyota and it will fit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links