Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Safe

crofter

Hope all you members oop north are safely keeping their heads down and all RAVs are nailed to the floor.

Hang on in there maties :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Del

Hope all you members oop north are safely keeping their heads down and all RAVs are nailed to the floor.

Del

Just been watching that on the talking wallpaper - looks awful, makes you feel guilty having decent weather....

Lee B

Half Our roof is now part of the patio... Insurance says We have to wait till Friday for the loss adjuster to come !!!

We have tiles lay in the gutter right over the rear door !! So Im going to play the health and safety card tomorrer !!!

Its now pee ing down with rain so that will be on the ceilings !!! Cant think how much more damage will de done by Friday.............. :crybaby:

Del

Cheers Del min....high sided vehicles advised not to travel....that's good enough for me.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Kev the Forth Bridge is closed at the moment to ALL traffic....

Oh god, it's soo !Removed! windy. Power cuts and slow iPhone internet, it's like the dark ages!! I suggested snuggling up in front of the log burner with the mrs but she snubbed me and had her nose in a book instead

BORED

Blue

Oh god, it's soo !Removed! windy. Power cuts and slow iphone internet, it's like the dark ages!! I suggested snuggling up in front of the log burner with the mrs but she snubbed me and had her nose in a book instead

BORED

Blue

cars covered in seaweed, boats grounded on pier wall, roads closed, 4hr, hold-ups..woderfull weather for winter......but its only MAY :wacko:

Used to drive a long high sided truck with a slab fronted luton over the cab,didn't take much wind to affect that :censor: on the road!

I used to feel like the drivers you see on filums, :driving::driving: seesawing the wheel going down a straight bit of tarmac,and going over the big bridges when the wind was gusting across them,so god know how they are coping with that weather,because they will still be expected to deliver the goods. Glad I'm not doing that any more.

Sounds like you are having more than your fair share of bad luck there,Charlie, hope there is still something there to assess when they finally get around to your place on Friday.

Del

Just had a look out the window, I'm sure a house just flew past, followed by a young girl with pigtails wearing red shoes. W T F ???? unsure.gif

Used to drive a long high sided truck with a slab fronted luton over the cab,didn't take much wind to affect that :censor: on the road!

I used to feel like the drivers you see on filums, :driving::driving: seesawing the wheel going down a straight bit of tarmac,and going over the big bridges when the wind was gusting across them,so god know how they are coping with that weather,because they will still be expected to deliver the goods. Glad I'm not doing that any more.

Sounds like you are having more than your fair share of bad luck there,Charlie, hope there is still something there to assess when they finally get around to your place on Friday.

Del

Need to look on the bright side guys - the wind and rain should see off the approaching ash cloud :unsure:

Del

All i can say Crofter is youre one lucky feller, I'm out tomorrow (multi-drop)on the Rest and Be Thankfull and all points south to Balloch abd BACK to Oban. not looking forward to it :crybaby:

Another 5 or 6 tiles have just come down off Our roof !!! Not great on a 3 Year old house is it !!!.......... :rolleyes:

Another 5 or 6 tiles have just come down off Our roof !!! Not great on a 3 Year old house is it !!!.......... :rolleyes:

Hi Charlie,normaly the insurece arrange for a local builder to put tarpaulins on exposed rooofs as a temp measure but i suppose if its still blowing i doubt it would stay there.

localy a tree fell on a van,but missed driver by inches.a tractor pullled over to let van pass,if he hadnt the tractor driver could have copped it.

Yes Mate I know .. I was a Roofing contractor for well over 30 Years before I retired and moved to Burntisland up here In Scotland. I sold all My ladders, scaffold and gear so I am unable to do anything about this issue immediately and immediate work is what's needed

I will be back onto the Insurance company tomorrow. They have informed Me that its My responsibly to make the building safe and watertight BUT if I effect any kind or repairs the whole claim will be rejected. The falling tiles have destroyed the guttering. Smashed the greenhouse and damaged some very expensive ornamental walling that was built just last Year. So My hands are tied But water is now entering the roof space. More tiles are threatening to fall and are directly over the back door and the roof is liable to more severe damage as it is now severely compromised !!!!!

We have two large holes in the roof and can clearly see into the roof space from the back garden. Plus We have tiles lay on the roof and hanging in the guttering waiting to come down !!!!

So will We wait for the loss adjusters visit on Friday ????????????????????????????????????????

Charlie. That sounds a mess. Hope you get it all sorted mate. I'm only in Edinburgh so if there is anything I can do please shout.

Dave

Our yard is getting blown about a good bit - have had to bolt the upstairs portacabin to the one below as the 2 were rocking!!! On one of the top portacabins, the roof covering peeled off rather like a sheet of vinyl so we had to send home workers early in case they got decapitated by slices of felt.

We spent today tying down tarps and anything else that might move. The generator house has lost most of its roof covering too.

Loads of trees down all around. Thankfully my brother-in-law....Frank.... chopped down most of our trees in teh garden so no issues there and number 2 RAV can hopefully survive the night outside. As number 1 is missing its windscreen its tucked up in the new garage out of harms way and the new roof is doing well.

Sold the curtainsider truck last week, and thankfully the nice chap got it home before being blown across to Russia!

And the amount of rain is unbelievable.

+ we viewed another warehouse to accommodate our project this morning. I said the the council chappy that we would need a discount as the front needed replaced. By 4pm the asbestos sheets at the front had blown away !!!! :lol: :lol: Sent an email saying we would consider a further rent reduction for a glorified car-port now !

what a lousy prodicument to be in.how can you be expected to make the place safe and watertight.whats the insurence for.once you have contacted them,then from that moment the balls in their court,i would have thought,and thet should at least get someone to cover roof.does your insurence policy say you are responsible for anything.

who is your insurence company.