Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Man I Wish I Lived In The Uk...

Robertbbb

Been trying for days to locate parts for the ol' Seo

All of these sites on the internet saying they have and can get JDM motors and such, I ask for a 4E-FTE and all I hear is crickets chirping...

The local boys here barely know which end of the phone to use so that is out.

Consider yourself fortunate M8's, unless you own a Hon** sorry for the profanity you can't get performance parts it seems.

Been searching for a rear disc conversion or rearend swap for a while too but no bones...

Sorry for the rant, getting tired of people giggling when I use performance and Paseo in the same sentance.

Yes I know it is a sporty econo-box but that can change...

lol, thats the problem with buying unusuall cars, i need my stuff from Aus and US. Still least its nice to be a bit different mate!!!

guess what dude? you havent found the right site yet. ever heard of ELprototypes, or bak yard productions? go to either of their websites and ask them about it. both shops specialize in 4efte swaps. ELP is on the west coast, southern california; and BYP is on the east coast, miami florida. you should also check out these two resource sites, www.tercelonline.com and www.diaboliqueracing.com. the websites for ELP and BYP are www.elprototypes.com and www.back-yard-productions.com. these sites should give you more than enough info on what you are looking for. these are the stateside experts on everything tercel, starle, and paseo. good luck, and pm me if you need more info ;)

vince

lol, thats the problem with buying unusuall cars, i need my stuff from Aus and US. Still least its nice to be a bit different mate!!!

im with you on that one scot. starting to have the same problems now......its getting increaseingly diffcult find parts for the old girl.....but the states is loaded with them... :thumbsup:

what car do you need help with gus?

this one mateSide_on_view.sized.jpg

1985 MKII Supra

looking for a good leather interior at the mo, but in no rush for it. :thumbsup:

i dont know if you can just buy the new leather interior. i am aware that here you would take it to an upholstery or autobody shop that does interiors and just pay for a new leather wrapping for your selected interior components. im not really sure how to help you. let me know on something more specific and maybe i can be more useful. :)

vince

As if it wasn't apparent already, ;) I happen to know quite a bit about the 'seo, and I'm from St. Louis. If you need any help and can't find it on my site (check the sig) just PM me, or IM me at the same screenname I post under here! :thumbsup:

Also, the guys here really do know what they're talking about, so if you have any questions, just post up!

apparently this guy paseo2r doesnt care for me much, he just undermined both of my posts. :) i thought they were quit informative and the kid was asking for a 4efte. i just pushed him in the right direction. whatever, you cant phase me im a tercel :ph34r: (ninja).

vince

robertbbb u from the islands rite? dude u dont wanna live here, u got the sun, the girls all we got is rain

yeah i was going to post the same Vince..

BYP or Elprototypes are full of great people.

ive heard nothing but good reviews from them.

J

thank you james, way to confirm my post :). man, i really wish we had he sera here, i love the "gullwing" doors (quoted because i dont think they are actually gullwing).

yeah i have personally dealt with ELP and i really like the way they do business. BYP is a shop full of cocky mechanics, but i give them respect for the numbers and videos that they have put down ;). Diabolique Racing makes short shifters, underdrive pulleys, bored throttle bodies, and the only true CAI that you can find for e series motors in the states. i say check em all out robert. again, good luck. pm me if you need to know anything specific.

vince

What in the !Removed! hell is going on??? I never undermined anybody! I was making a comment on my afinity for posting technical help questions while plugging my site! I don't know what the matter is with you, Vince, but you totally took my comments the WRONG way. I've done nothing but help this site along since i joined, which, i might add, was waaaay before you. I have nothing against the 4efte, in fact, if I had the time and money, I'd do the swap myself. J, you should know better than to think I'm attacking people. I left Pimp solely for that reason. I can't believe that people would think that a guy from the midwest was being rude. I'm not from the east coast, I know how to be polite, and I would appreciate it if people didn't always think I'm out to get them.

James, you posted not long ago about my offending someone else when i was just making a statement. One would think you would've figured out by now that i'm not a bad guy, but I guess my having to defend myself on multiple occasions isn't enough.

I appologise to anyone I may have mistakenly offended, in spite of my only good intentions.

Hello All,

Couple of things, I am from Seattle Washington, 41 so not a "kid" and got a quote finally on the 4E-FTE

BYP was the only place to finally return my calls with any info and they want 1650.00 for the engine and 275.00 for the disc conversion...

Since I paid 2000 for the car, the mods will happen when hell freezes over.

Looks like there will be another Seo for sale soon... sigh

sorry seo, im from colorado and i understand what manners are as well ;). the way you posted in both threads that i posted in (your info was contrary to mine) was fairly arrogant and i thought you were directing your rudeness at me. i could give 2 s :censor: s about what you say or think of me :D. i also reacated in a fairly friendly and un offended manner. if you want to be defensive then go ahead, no skin off my nose.

sorry robert i meant nothing by the "kid" remark, it was just a slang term :). im glad you called BYP, you should also try ELP they are cheaper and on the west coast. i know they may not be on the phone all the time or reachable, so i would suggest e-mailing and calling them. the reason why the swap is priced in that manner is that is what it costs to do a motor swap and convert everything while doing it. i would suggest talking to the reps from the shops though because everything is negotiable ;).

vince

Hello All,

Couple of things, I am from Seattle Washington, 41 so not a "kid" and got a quote finally on the 4E-FTE

BYP was the only place to finally return my calls with any info and they want 1650.00 for the engine and 275.00 for the disc conversion...

Since I paid 2000 for the car, the mods will happen when hell freezes over.

Looks like there will be another Seo for sale soon... sigh

yeah the 'seo is pretty expensive to mod for more HP.

that sounds about right though, else if you know a friend who knows his/her stuff you could get a better deal & fit it youself, the FTE is a direct bolt on & i believe you can use the 5e tranny.. so you could probably find a used engine for a decent price.

BTW i wouldnt find out about the 3sgte swap if i were you :eek::lol: costs a damn fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paseo's wern't really built for speed - have you taken a look at bodykits & such? Styles pretty much the way to go IMHO. :thumbsup:

Paseo2nr - it doesnt matter when you joined - we're a club of toyota enthusiasts - just because you were here before Vince doesnt mean a thing. we're all equal members & we try to help each other out.

i wasnt having a go at anyone either - a couple of emicons & your up in arms???? :wacko:

J

Look everyone, I'm not necessarily defending myself here so much as I am excusing myself from your missunderstanding. I never undermined anyone. I never said ANYTHING contrary to what Vince had posted. I wasn't coming out and saying, "don't do the 4efte coversion." In fact, I'm not sure how you gathered that from my post, which was merely to say that if he needed any help, that he'd know where to look. You definitely took my post the wrong way. I'm sure you know a thing or two (maybe more :thumbsup: ) about the seo, and so do I, but I was referencing my time here, J, to support that after such a period, I would've learned how to get along without insulting anyone.

J, I'm sorry, I thought you were saying that you were going to post about my comment in the same matter that vince did. In that regard, i misunderstood you.

It's great that we're getting a bunch of new members, but let's not turn this into Paseopimp. This is my last comment on this absurd argument. I just think people need to lighten up and not take things the wrong way. :!Removed!:

i accept your apology tuner and i apologize for my rash remarks. i have a temper and i had a very strange and upsetting day. i will explain that if anyone is interested, but anyway i just want to explain what i was thinking so you dont think i was just being an *****.

when i suggested the websites i did in this thread and you responded with a post that sounded like, but i now know you didnt mean, "dont go to those places, stay here and ask about stuff" and your post in the other thread about where seos come from (my parents were too confused about how to tell me this information when i was younger and i had to learn from a 5 dollar hooker :D) and i said the US, but you just ignored my post and said all come fom japan (dont worry, i was just sensitive after reading this thread). that is why i said (with sarcasm, but i guess that didnt come off well enough, sorry [very seriopus apology]) you are underming my posts. see? this is all just a huge mis-understanding. im glad you are trying to change your ways from paseopimp. i applaud you for that.

i guess my last question is, do you forgive me for freaking out so easily tuner?

vince

Hah, of course I do. I left pimp because i was one of the people constantly being flamed, not doing the flaming, and frankly, I got really tired of their immaturity. I didn't mean, of course, to undermine either of your comments. On the thread about where they came from, I was merely clarifying and adding a bit of info on the cabriolet. Sorry again, and I'll watch my tounge...or...fingers, but like i said, i had only good intentions.

Dev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links