Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Puncture After 20 Hours And Only 40 Miles

m0nkey

Running a mate to Argos at lunchtime, went through some roadworks where they are putting the metrolink in, all of a sudden I can hear padumpadumpadumpadumpa that gets faster or slower with my speed.

Pull up outside Argos and theres a massive bolt stuck right in the middle of my tread on the driver side rear.

So after owing the Aygo the car for only 20 hours and covering 40 miles I'm digging around in the boot for the spare and on my hands in knees in my work trousers :crybaby:

Rubbish :(

Think yourself lucky if you got the wheel off. The bolts can be so rusted from new that the tool supplied is of little use.

Agree a puncture that soon is a bit of a downer. Bad luck!

Running a mate to Argos at lunchtime, went through some roadworks where they are putting the metrolink in, all of a sudden I can hear padumpadumpadumpadumpa that gets faster or slower with my speed.

Pull up outside Argos and theres a massive bolt stuck right in the middle of my tread on the driver side rear.

So after owing the Aygo the car for only 20 hours and covering 40 miles I'm digging around in the boot for the spare and on my hands in knees in my work trousers :crybaby:

Bad luck!! Hope you get it sorted :(

Y'know, I had similar things happen to me both times I bought a car :lol:

I had my Fiesta for a week before getting a puncture, and the Yaris 2 weeks!

Luckily both were repairable and after that I never had another one! :)

(Hopefully I haven't jinxed the Yaris :eek: )

I once had a new tyre and got a bolt through it, ruining the tyre, gutted, it was about 3 miles from the tyre shop :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Had it repaired, now in the boot as the spare, feels like £8 chucked down the drain. I know it's not much but it's gutting after less than 24 hours.

Ordered mats and flaps from dealer today, picking up Thursday. Worked out cheaper than buying online!

Had it repaired, now in the boot as the spare, feels like £8 chucked down the drain. I know it's not much but it's gutting after less than 24 hours.

Ordered mats and flaps from dealer today, picking up Thursday. Worked out cheaper than buying online!

Bad luck there!

Most Toyota dealers will carry out puncture repairs free of charge if the tyre is considered repairable

Something to remember to save you some money next time..........Let's hope that you never need it!

Bad luck having a puncture on a new tyre.

At least with an Aygo, you can use the full size spare unlike most cars these days. A personal gripe of mine!

Yeah I'm sure my dealer would have sorted it. The puncture repair place is just round the corner from work though. It's a 20 mile round trip to the dealer.

Think yourself lucky if you got the wheel off. The bolts can be so rusted from new that the tool supplied is of little use.

Agree a puncture that soon is a bit of a downer. Bad luck!

Do it in the summer while it's nice!

Ian.

• 1 month later...

Get yourself down lindops, i'm sure they fix punctures for free.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links