Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bye Bye T180 And Good Riddence...

stewyinpagham

Well guys and gals, thanks for all the assistance and banter over the years but I've had it with Toyota GB and their 'representative' in Hedge-end Southampton.

Having taken the car in on 4 occasions and the dealer keeping it for many days each time and after supplying umpteen videos of the car starting badly, a temperature and weather record and even recording how long the car has stood for between starts, they finally decided to fit a starter motor?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121775&st=0&p=1091563&fromsearch=1entry1091563

I told them it would not fix the problem and it was glowplug or temperature sensor related but they knew best as they were the dealer! So next morning, post new starter motor the car started like a bag of 'doo'! I immediately called the service manager and he could not believe it. He then said he would call back within the hour and arrange to have the car back in. I'm still waiting and thats 2 months ago!

In desperation when I got to work, I ripped off the engine sound shield to check all the electrical connectors I could see. Bu$$er me.. the glow-plug rail was loose and No2 glowplug had even lost its securing nut and plastic cap.

The final nail is that it is now starting to blow coolant from the header tank and yes I know the Toyota have pushed the warranty out to 7 years I'm told, but I've just have had enough.

As I've had so many issues with the car, I've decided to by a 'reliable' brand and have moved to Citroen.... At least I know it will be flaky, and fall apart but as I've not paid premium money for it It won't upset me and most AA men can fix it.. and its got a spare wheel.

My old T180 in silver, 45000 miles, 1 owner, Full TSH is probably up for sale down East Sussex way.. nudge nudge you have been told.

Well guys and gals, thanks for all the assistance and banter over the years but I've had it with Toyota GB and their 'representative' in Hedge-end Southampton.

Having taken the car in on 4 occasions and the dealer keeping it for many days each time and after supplying umpteen videos of the car starting badly, a temperature and weather record and even recording how long the car has stood for between starts, they finally decided to fit a starter motor?

http://www.toyotaown...1

I told them it would not fix the problem and it was glowplug or temperature sensor related but they knew best as they were the dealer! So next morning, post new starter motor the car started like a bag of 'doo'! I immediately called the service manager and he could not believe it. He then said he would call back within the hour and arrange to have the car back in. I'm still waiting and thats 2 months ago!

In desperation when I got to work, I ripped off the engine sound shield to check all the electrical connectors I could see. Bu$$er me.. the glow-plug rail was loose and No2 glowplug had even lost its securing nut and plastic cap.

The final nail is that it is now starting to blow coolant from the header tank and yes I know the Toyota have pushed the warranty out to 7 years I'm told, but I've just have had enough.

As I've had so many issues with the car, I've decided to by a 'reliable' brand and have moved to Citroen.... At least I know it will be flaky, and fall apart but as I've not paid premium money for it It won't upset me and most AA men can fix it.. and its got a spare wheel.

My old T180 in silver, 45000 miles, 1 owner, Full TSH is probably up for sale down East Sussex way.. nudge nudge you have been told.

I can understand how you feel about the dealer. But why didn't you take it to another if you were so un-happy with this one? As Toyota have put in place a 112k extended warranty for the known "Head Gasket" issue would this have not been cheaper to get a new engine (Worth £6500) and either stick with the car and then sell it if you just couldn't stand it?

But I hope you enjoy your Citroen, and all goes well :thumbsup:

:ffs: ....................... :ffs:

Deep breaths Jedi, deep breaths...................

:ffs: ....................... :ffs:

Lol... Just cool it buddy! Count to 10 :thumbsup: B) :group-cuddles: :beer::pepsi::sick::argue::blowup::clown::driving::drunk:

Mate I sympathise ! I hate it when a cars a bad un and confidence is lost !! But a Citroen ?? WTF Why ????

And You wont have OOOORR Kev to take the peeees out of You on a farkin Citroen site Ken ........................ :unsure:

Mate I sympathise ! I hate it when a cars a bad un and confidence is lost !! But a Citroen ?? WTF Why ????

And You wont have OOOORR Kev to take the peeees out of You on a farkin Citroen site Ken ........................ :unsure:

Ah'll find ye, Stewy....fear not. Good Luck and sorry to lose ye to Peugoen....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

ll the best stewy. Keep in touch :thumbsup:

ll the best stewy. Keep in touch :thumbsup:

Aye same from Me Mate..... Oh and don't forget to join the RAC.............. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links