Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

sheila_b

Hi

I bought my 2002 corolla verso t3 vvti about 8 months ago. Its manual, petrol. The brakes have felt a bit weird since I bought it, it's as if the abs is on even when braking gently, or discs are warped or something. I've had new discs & pads fitted, but still got the problem. Or maybe it isn't a problem, and the brakes are meant to be like this? I've driven quite a few different cars, cavalier, corsa, legacy, freelander, mondeo, among others, and never encountered brakes like this.(except when braking hard and abs kicks in) It's a great car, and passed m.o.t with the brakes like this. Can anyone shed light on this for me please? Oh, no warning lights on the dash.

Thanks in advance :-)

it's as if the abs is on even when braking gently
Can you explain the symptoms, sounds, etc.

If the ABS is working you should feel the brake pedal pumping, or pushing back against your foot, but this should only be under hard pressure on the pedal. Do you have an empty car park or quiet dead end road you can test the system on? The other thing you could do is find a Toyota dealer and ask for a test drive in a similar spec car to see how it behaves compared to yours.

Does the same thing happen when braking from moving backwards as well as forwards?

it's as if the abs is on even when braking gently
Can you explain the symptoms, sounds, etc.

If the ABS is working you should feel the brake pedal pumping, or pushing back against your foot, but this should only be under hard pressure on the pedal. Do you have an empty car park or quiet dead end road you can test the system on? The other thing you could do is find a Toyota dealer and ask for a test drive in a similar spec car to see how it behaves compared to yours.

Does the same thing happen when braking from moving backwards as well as forwards?

You can feel the pedal pushing against your foot, like a kind of pulse, gets stronger the harder you brake and you feel it through the steering wheel as well. There doesn't seem to be any abnormal noise, and I've only really had it in reverse to park, so I haven't noticed whether it happens then.

Nearest dealer is about 70 miles away (I'm in the wild west of Scotland) and at the moment due to health, can't get there, so I'll try giving them a call, see if they can shed some light on it.

Thanks for the reply xx

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like your tracking is out or the wheels not balanced. Although it could be warped discs. Does your steering vibrate at motorway speed. Does it do it more at certain speeds?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links