Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Sound From Front Right Speaker Or Tweeter

anonyx

Hey Guys,

Been like it since i got the car, previous owner says he never noticed it but basically there’s no sound from the right front Speakers. Rears and passenger are all fine. At first i thought it might be wiring as its the tweeter and the speaker but apparently the headunits never been swapped out so its not like its ever been butchered. I was speaking to a friend and he says the tweeter is linked to the speaker so if the speaker did not work then the tweeter would not either. Can anyone confirm this? As that would suggest that its simply a blown speaker rather than a wiring related issue.

Kindest Regards,

Danny

Hi, I have limited knowledge of this but I have been told the same so it could well be

I've seen this issue a few times...

The majority of the time it's down to the cheap audio wiring used by Toyota.

It seems the action of opening/closing the door wears the Speakers wires thin over time.... currently my drivers side is much quieter than the passenger side.

I'm gonna attempt changing the speaker wire and will let you know if this solves it.... could be the issue if yours don't work at all.

I noticed this when we picked up our Corolla on Tuesday.. I'm guessing this might be a common fault? If this is the case what is the remedy, running new speaker cable through the door from the head unit itself or get away with where it enters the door area? Also since this needs doing might be worth while upgrading the Speakers. Does anyone know what size Speakers for the front and backs?

Many thanks!

I noticed this when we picked up our Corolla on Tuesday.. I'm guessing this might be a common fault? If this is the case what is the remedy, running new speaker cable through the door from the head unit itself or get away with where it enters the door area? Also since this needs doing might be worth while upgrading the speakers. Does anyone know what size speakers for the front and backs?

Many thanks!

i have put components in mine ,so thats the woofer and the tops (tweeter) ,just run the speaker cable through the existing hole ,100% improvement in quality and i still havnt set up my amp correctly yet.

clicky

They pretty well priced :) I take it the Speakers are all 6.5inch front and back? Also I'm guessing to make this a good job it will require the head unit taking out and new speaker cable being run from unit to door? Does anyone know what RMS output the standard head unit kicks out? Ideally want to change as little as possible due to this car being my GF's and I'm just to "maintain" it..

seems like quite an easy fix, looking for a nice sony double din at the moment, once thats in ill work on some components. I daresay i wouldn't be getting the most from components when using standard headunit. Thanks for the help guys.

Yh u need to put a proper HU in ,n since ur puttin components in u mite aswel amp then ,u don't need to go OTT with a 640watt amp like I did ,but 200 watts will b more than enough for ur needs

Hmm the thing is I'll lose the clock mpg temperature read outs etc if I went after market. Maybe for now just some cheap 2 way Speakers and get the door one working again, I'm not after quality or quantity just something that will drown out road noise.

The only thing ul lose is the mpg readin ,temp is seperate . The thing is mpg won't change once u take the oemn HU out ,if you know ur avg now then it won't change if u drive the same

Is there somewhere else the outside temp is displayed? On ours its on the head unit screen.. not yet noticed where else it shows.. agreed with the mpg arguement, and me personally not keen it dusplaying L/100KM as we use miles here and it makes sense that the higher the number the better you are doing not the other way round but I'll leave that arguement for another rainy day lol..

Thanks for the help =)

Can't see what you've got from my blackberry ,so I'm guessin you don't have climate control

Is there somewhere else the outside temp is displayed? On ours its on the head unit screen.. not yet noticed where else it shows.. agreed with the mpg arguement, and me personally not keen it dusplaying L/100KM as we use miles here and it makes sense that the higher the number the better you are doing not the other way round but I'll leave that arguement for another rainy day lol..

Thanks for the help =)

You can change it into MPG you know rolleyes.gif

Keep pushing the right hand button on the stereo marked 'Push Audio Control' thumbsup.gif

Ok..... i now know why my drivers side is much quieter..... my tweeter's dead crybaby.gif

So... audio type people.... what are my options?

Mr T for a new one? Or are there after-market tweeters that will fit in the same place??

Ok don't go mr T ,it will fit ,only just ul have to snap the original off the backin plate n use sum hard as nails to stick the new 1s on .that's what I did with mine .do both sides because the sound will be uneven

Oh I'll try that and get it to read MPG =) As for climate control, it doesn't have it.. its a 1.6 Colour Collection spec so sort of in the middle spec.. has A/C and twist temp control.. does the job though :) I'll look into fixing the cabling first and get the Speakers live again and then consider options :)