Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bit Of Advice Needed St202 Driveshaft

celicascot

Hi all looking for a bit of advice re celica driveshafts. I have a uk st202 '95. A couple of months ago I started to get a wheel bearing like noise and vibration coming from the car but couldn't pin it down. After a check for any play in the wheels (there was none at all) I am begining to think its the centre bearing in the driveshaft.

Wondering how much this is going to be to replace, I don't do too many miles in this car so was considering getting secondhand driveshaft and was interested to find out what driveshafts would fit from other models? For example I know that a lot of carina parts can fir the celica.

So can anyone set me in the right direction on this?

I just bought a front driveshaft for my ST205 as it had the exact same issue after i caught a curb.

Havent fitted it yet as im waiting for my new gearbox oil to be delivered (All the oil needs to come out if its the passenger side shaft).

I got mine for £65 + Delivery + VAT from tcbparts.co.uk - Used but gauranteed.

I have a feeling the ST202 'may' have the same driveshafts as the ST205 on the front so expect to pay the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

If you lift the side of the car where you take out the shaft, I think the gearbox oil will stay in there. Did on my Peugeot 106 race car. Won´t it help just changing the outer joint of the driveshaft?

Well i've just changed the passenger side shaft and hub (if you are doing the passenger side you will need to drain the box regardless of how high you jack it otherwise the oil comes out, no need to worry about this on the drivers side).

The shaft didnt fix my issues but then i got it back up in the air and changed the hub which cured all my problems.

I had no play in the wheel bearing either so i would recommend you change the bearing or the whole hub if you can get one cheap enough from a breakers.

Straightforward to swap - and i have superstrut! On the normal mcpherson gt suspension it would be even easier.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links